Hello all,
Does anyone know where I can find any technical specifications for locomotive cabs?
Specifically, I would like to know if there is any minimum height that the driver's head must be. Obviously, the higher they are, the further ahead they can see, but I'm guessing that the gradients you find on the railway lines are not sufficient to cause blind crests, even if their head is only a metre from the top of the rail.
Strange question, I know, but I'm sure it's not the first one on this forum!
Thanks!
Does anyone know where I can find any technical specifications for locomotive cabs?
Specifically, I would like to know if there is any minimum height that the driver's head must be. Obviously, the higher they are, the further ahead they can see, but I'm guessing that the gradients you find on the railway lines are not sufficient to cause blind crests, even if their head is only a metre from the top of the rail.
Strange question, I know, but I'm sure it's not the first one on this forum!
Thanks!
Last edited: