• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Loco Hauled in Düsseldorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnsley

Member
Joined
20 Feb 2010
Messages
332
Location
Barnsley
I’m going to Düsseldorf for 3 days on the 28th, does anyone know which trains, if any, are still loco hauled since the RE1 went to National Express? I’m hoping to get some as I’ve already used my FIP coupon for Germany this year, so long trips on ICE are out of the question!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rvdborgt

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2022
Messages
2,528
Location
Leuven
I’m going to Düsseldorf for 3 days on the 28th, does anyone know which trains, if any, are still loco hauled since the RE1 went to National Express? I’m hoping to get some as I’ve already used my FIP coupon for Germany this year, so long trips on ICE are out of the question!
You didn't order a Deutschlandticket via HVV before the 10th this month starting the 28th? That would have been a very good deal...
 

Barnsley

Member
Joined
20 Feb 2010
Messages
332
Location
Barnsley
No, I have staff facilities, just wondered about loco hauled remaining, if not, I’ll go to Wuppertal again! Schwebebahn to Vohwinkel where there’s a brilliant pub for Alt beer!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

You didn't order a Deutschlandticket via HVV before the 10th this month starting the 28th? That would have been a very good deal...
Looks like RE2 is still loco hauled to Osnabruck, can you confirm this?!
 
Last edited:

rvdborgt

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2022
Messages
2,528
Location
Leuven
just wondered about loco hauled remaining, if not, I’ll go to Wuppertal again! Schwebebahn to Vohwinkel where there’s a brilliant pub for Alt beer!
Have you been to the Dortmund H-Bahn? That's also a nice experience.
Looks like RE2 is still loco hauled to Osnabruck, can you confirm this?!
Could well be. In any case, the DB app showed a Dosto train with a locomotive for the random RE2 I checked.
 

Barnsley

Member
Joined
20 Feb 2010
Messages
332
Location
Barnsley
Just checked DB site, it’s closed for engineering works, no RE2 from Düsseldorf, on them days, looks like Koblenz!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Have you been to the Dortmund H-Bahn? That's also a nice experience.

Could well be. In any case, the DB app showed a Dosto train with a locomotive for the random RE2 I checked.
I’ve done the Dortmund one! I love Germany! Is it true that they ask for the card you paid with when they check on-line tickets? This is the first time I’ve had to pay!
 
Last edited:

rvdborgt

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2022
Messages
2,528
Location
Leuven
Is it true that they ask for the card you paid with when they check on-line tickets? This is the first time I’ve had to pay!
Not anymore, I think it's at least 10 years ago you had to select the means of ID (which could be the card used for payment). Now you just need an ID card/passport ('Lichtbildausweis'), which in Germany you're required to have with you anyway.
 

U-Bahnfreund

Member
Joined
6 Feb 2015
Messages
559
Location
Germany
The RE2 is always loco-hauled yes. Other loco-hauled sets with double-deckers are on the RE9 (Aachen - Siegen, mixed with Talent 2), on the RE42 (Münster - Mönchengladbach, mixed with Flirt). Of interest should be the RB37 Krefeld - Neuss, which is operated by loco-hauled sets with the ancient single-deck n-Wagen coaches.

Just checked DB site, it’s closed for engineering works, no RE2 from Düsseldorf, on them days, looks like Koblenz!
That's a different RE2, the Rhineland-Palatinate one from Koblenz to Frankfurt (operated by Flirts). The NRW RE2 goes from Düsseldorf to Osnabrück via Duisburg, Essen, Münster. But there are always constructions going on somewhere so sometimes it might not.

I’ve done the Dortmund one! I love Germany! Is it true that they ask for the card you paid with when they check on-line tickets? This is the first time I’ve had to pay!
No. For standard DB online tickets, you need to bring ID and a valid Bahncard or such thing, if it's discounted
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top