heart-of-wessex
Established Member
Hello all,
We have a route coverage thread, I thought I'd start a similar thing but for Loco Haulage.
I've used the map from the route coverage map, though I've only covered in what's on the map, so I've not added any freight lines etc.
If you do a map, maybe add any additional notes to your post about what you are including. There are no rules, it's your map, but some of us might not count HST's as loco's if having traveled on one on a route when it was classed as a DMU for example.
My map start's from when I started in the late 90's/early 2000's so my map counts HST's as locos.
There are many things you can count as 'loco hauled' such as unit drags, rescues by a loco, push pull set's like the old GatEx (The Class 73 wasn't part of the EMU set) etc. Eurostar's have Powecar's but these are still classed as EMU's.
Anyway here is my map:
Most of the non-mainline parts I did on Railtour's. Actually a lot of the North East, especially Lincoln area, I've only ever done on loco's, my unit coverage would look rather blank around there! I've only covered North Scotland on the 67 hauled beds.
We have a route coverage thread, I thought I'd start a similar thing but for Loco Haulage.
I've used the map from the route coverage map, though I've only covered in what's on the map, so I've not added any freight lines etc.
If you do a map, maybe add any additional notes to your post about what you are including. There are no rules, it's your map, but some of us might not count HST's as loco's if having traveled on one on a route when it was classed as a DMU for example.
My map start's from when I started in the late 90's/early 2000's so my map counts HST's as locos.
There are many things you can count as 'loco hauled' such as unit drags, rescues by a loco, push pull set's like the old GatEx (The Class 73 wasn't part of the EMU set) etc. Eurostar's have Powecar's but these are still classed as EMU's.
Anyway here is my map:
Most of the non-mainline parts I did on Railtour's. Actually a lot of the North East, especially Lincoln area, I've only ever done on loco's, my unit coverage would look rather blank around there! I've only covered North Scotland on the 67 hauled beds.