• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Location?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2009
Messages
3,416
Location
S Yorks, usually
80019’s allocation history courte of brdatabase, might narrow it down:
21/01/1952AllocationReallocated to Brighton (75A)
30/06/1952AllocationReallocated to Eastbourne (75G)
13/08/1952AllocationReallocated to Eastbourne (75G)
07/10/1952AllocationReallocated to Redhill (75B)
14/02/1953AllocationReallocated to Brighton (75A)
17/11/1956AllocationReallocated to Tunbridge Wells West (75F)
16/09/1963AllocationReallocated to Brighton (75A)
22/06/1964AllocationReallocated to Redhill (75B)
08/06/1965AllocationReallocated to Bournemouth (70F)
19/03/1967WithdrawnCondemned as 80019

also main line stock, so possibly a through portion from London (but not necessarily)
 

Merle Haggard

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2019
Messages
3,978
Location
Northampton
Joined
2 Feb 2019
Messages
1,039
My guess is the Swanage Railway about 1km East of Harmans Cross Station.

I travelled on Swanage Railway diesel trains Wareham to Swanage and back in 2023 when they were running these excursions but I cannot recall this much detail so this guess is from looking at google maps. The Swanage Railway is a heritage railway that runs steam trains so I would expect to see this sort of train on the Swanage Railway. There is not enough detail on google maps to be certain so my guess could be wrong.

The railway shown is a single track line and I cannot see any third rail.
 
Last edited:

AndrewE

Established Member
Joined
9 Nov 2015
Messages
7,351
My guess is the Swanage Railway about 1km East of Harmans Cross Station.

I travelled on Swanage Railway diesel trains Wareham to Swanage and back in 2023 when they were running these excursions but I cannot recall this much detail so this guess is from looking at google maps. The Swanage Railway is a heritage railway that runs steam trains so I would expect to see this sort of train on the Swanage Railway. There is not enough detail on google maps to be certain so my guess could be wrong.

The railway shown is a single track line and I cannot see any third rail.
the picture caption says it is at Wareham.. in 1966! The question is what has been graffiti'd on the side tank?
 
Last edited:
Joined
2 Feb 2019
Messages
1,039
the picture caption says it is at Wareham.. in 1966! Th equestion is what has been graffiti'd on the side tank?
In that case it must be a Wareham-Swanage passenger train operating a service somewhere on that line at the time.
 

Snow1964

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2019
Messages
11,199
Location
West Wiltshire
Could it be Lymington?
Yes, just before the pier station.

The signal is run round loop (left), main to platform (centre) and siding (right) which I think at one time had fuel tankers for the ferries

There are also a couple of pictures at Brockenhurst in the set, 80019 (with 408 disc) and one at water crane on other side. At that stage the footbridge had some steps because one part was added in 1930s at higher level when the station was rebuilt with two islands.

80011 at Vauxhall
 
Last edited:

AndrewE

Established Member
Joined
9 Nov 2015
Messages
7,351
I now find that selecting the following link does bring up the photo in post #1 with the caption "80019 Leaving Lymington Pier"
presumably Neil reads this thread and updates captions if it looks as though we have come up with something useful...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top