• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Location and layout of carriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaredycat

New Member
Joined
16 Oct 2015
Messages
4
I hope that you will bear with me. I am a lady of a certain age and am travelling alone to North Wales. I have a reserved seat on a virgin train from Euston to Chester, it is Coach B Seat 11. Would anyone be able to tell me if Coach B will be at the front of the train at Euston and also if my seat will be facing forward. Im also hoping that there will be a luggage rack as I will have a small suitcase.

On my return journey I will be in Coach B Seat 35. The location of the carriage at Chester, whether my seat will be facing forward or backwards and if there is a luggage rack nearby would be much appreciated for this return trip.

Thanks for your patience
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Quakkerillo

Member
Joined
23 Jan 2015
Messages
553
And for luggage space, it really depends on how big your suitcase is. I've found that my suitcase does fit in the electric Pendolino overhead racks, whereas the racks in the Diesel-type voyager (which runs to North Wales/Chester) are a little smaller, and thus doesn't fit overhead.
So in those cases, you could store the luggage in the luggage racks that can be found at either end of the carriage. Or if you're travelling at a calm hour, and you'd like to keep it closer to you, you might be able to just store it nearer to you, by putting it in the legroom of a seat.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top