• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNWR + WCML potential disruption, Tuesday 04/01/2022 for approx 9 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike99

Member
Joined
4 Mar 2011
Messages
868
Location
G E M L
Hi, Apologies to the Moderators if this should be in Infrastructure forum please move it if appropriate. Also if its covered elsewhere then please move it as well. (I did do a search etc but couldn't find anything.

I found out yesterday and I could me the last to know, the WCML is closed between Wolverton and Rugby for several days at the start of January. I looked, on RTT, at a section of services, Avanti West Coast leaving from London Euston and the majority appear to divert via Northampton, with some noticeable extended journey times.

LNWR services towards London Euston from my local station at Nuneaton are all terminating at Rugby,

I have advance LNWR tickets for the 06.50 Nuneaton to London Euston (now departing at 06:47 and terminating at Rugby) and the 15:46 London Euston to Nuneaton which no longer appears at all.. My original arrival time at London Euston was 08:08 but the amended service gives and arrival time, after a change at Rugby of 09:32.

I've contacted LNWR to see what plans there are for ticket acceptance etc.

Regards, Mike
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Planner

Veteran Member
Joined
15 Apr 2008
Messages
19,744
Late notice big possession based off the normal reduced passenger numbers in January. Massive drainage works from what I understand around Castlethorpe and further north. Extended journey times based on not overly retiming freight.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top