Bletchleyite
Veteran Member
I hear that LNR are going to extend a couple more peak fast workings to 12-car as a result of commuter complaints about specific trains being overcrowded. This will take effect in February.
I wonder if this was always the plan? With a totally new timetable it probably needed time to bed in to see which trains were overcrowded (to extend to 12) and which might be able to be dropped to 4 to free up the units. Sort of makes sense. Particularly as when the 730s arrive there'll be a need to decide which services to put the 10 car formations on (5 car ones won't suit many if any peak services).
I wonder if this was always the plan? With a totally new timetable it probably needed time to bed in to see which trains were overcrowded (to extend to 12) and which might be able to be dropped to 4 to free up the units. Sort of makes sense. Particularly as when the 730s arrive there'll be a need to decide which services to put the 10 car formations on (5 car ones won't suit many if any peak services).