• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cjt1991

Member
Joined
24 Nov 2020
Messages
10
Location
Newcastle
I'm guessing all those who have had a video interview are still waiting to hear back too?
I've heard nothing back yet either but slightly worried other's have heard back and have interviews booked... I'm in for Newcastle too

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I know of 2 people with an interview next week for newcastle so I think people are starting to hear back now
Is this for the Newcastle vacancy advertised last month?
 

train-safe

Member
Joined
20 Dec 2019
Messages
76
Location
leeds
I've heard nothing back yet either but slightly worried other's have heard back and have interviews booked... I'm in for Newcastle too

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Is this for the Newcastle vacancy advertised last month?

Yep the most recently advertised jobs
 

CreamNCookies

Member
Joined
10 Aug 2018
Messages
416
All those waiting for video interview results, just remember what it said on the email we got after submitting them.

"Please be aware that due to the volume of applications received we may update people at different times as we work through the applications."

Patience my friends.
 

James_Cairns

Member
Joined
18 Nov 2020
Messages
12
Location
Newcastle
All those waiting for video interview results, just remember what it said on the email we got after submitting them.

"Please be aware that due to the volume of applications received we may update people at different times as we work through the applications."

Patience my friends.
Agreed....It was more curiosity.... I'm not in any rush.... Interested in feedback either way though taking this as an experience if anything.
 

cjt1991

Member
Joined
24 Nov 2020
Messages
10
Location
Newcastle
All those waiting for video interview results, just remember what it said on the email we got after submitting them.

"Please be aware that due to the volume of applications received we may update people at different times as we work through the applications."

Patience my friends.
I had all the patience in the world until I heard that people had been invited for interviews already haha.

Good job I am sat down... waiting... 'patiently...'
 

CreamNCookies

Member
Joined
10 Aug 2018
Messages
416
I get it totally.

I'm constantly checking my emails hoping for good news.

Occasionally I get marketing info and my heart skips a few beats out of fear!
 

MRIGuy

Member
Joined
22 Nov 2019
Messages
40
Location
Hartlepool
Does anyone know how many positions are available? Also has there been any indication at this stage of course dates?
 

Loco94

Member
Joined
10 Aug 2019
Messages
70
Not a nice wait not knowing where you stand is it.. I’m still waiting for my DMI had nothing since not been forgotten email in august
 

C2048

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2020
Messages
8
Location
North East
Tried to get some more info on the recruitment timeline from today’s interview. All they’d say is there’s courses booked for next year, which we know, and that results of interviews will be given in 2-3 weeks. Doesn’t sound like the timeline is going to be that quick, but also isn’t tediously slow either.
 

MRIGuy

Member
Joined
22 Nov 2019
Messages
40
Location
Hartlepool
Tried to get some more info on the recruitment timeline from today’s interview. All they’d say is there’s courses booked for next year, which we know, and that results of interviews will be given in 2-3 weeks. Doesn’t sound like the timeline is going to be that quick, but also isn’t tediously slow either.
Good luck

This thread is very quiet, I cant imagine you have been the only one to receive a DMI invitation? Out of interest have you already completed Psychometrics?
 

C2048

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2020
Messages
8
Location
North East
Good luck

This thread is very quiet, I cant imagine you have been the only one to receive a DMI invitation? Out of interest have you already completed Psychometrics?
Thank you!
Not yet, completely external with no railway experience.
 

CreamNCookies

Member
Joined
10 Aug 2018
Messages
416
Just got a rejected message after video email for Newcastle. Gutted!

Don't let this get you down! Take note of the questions you were asked in the interview (if you remember) and have a little practice for future reference. It isn't just LNER that operate from NCL, you have a couple other TOCs. Hopefully next year they may put ads out for trainees again.
 

northeast10

Member
Joined
28 Feb 2020
Messages
147
Location
newcastle
I’ve just received the rejection email too. Applied twice now and got to first phone/webcam interview stage on both. Think I may call it a day on applying. Good luck to those who have progressed !
 

5hunter

Member
Joined
19 Nov 2020
Messages
31
Location
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Rejected after the video interview too. I thought my answers may of been too brief. I'm a depot driver and central shunter in my current role so am happy to get this far and won't put me off applying again.

Best of luck with all the successful applicants. You got this ladies and gents!
 

DMCtoon

Member
Joined
28 Mar 2014
Messages
14
I've just had the rejection email following the video interview too. Gutted. Has to be said, I've probably applied for a train driver role as an external applicant at least 8 times over the last 7 years. Many more applications on top of that for other roles such as a conductor/train manager. Only once have I managed to get to the psychometric assessment stage. Most of the time, like many, I get nowhere at all.

Don't mean to come across as presumptuous in any way, but I feel like I always put together a decent job application (or as good as is possible for an external applicant with no previous railway experience). It's just so frustrating and upsetting when it's something you desperately want to get into. Has to be one of the toughest industries to even get a foot in the door with. Just makes you feel like giving up on the dream :(
 

cjt1991

Member
Joined
24 Nov 2020
Messages
10
Location
Newcastle
I've just had the rejection email following the video interview too. Gutted. Has to be said, I've probably applied for a train driver role as an external applicant at least 8 times over the last 7 years. Many more applications on top of that for other roles such as a conductor/train manager. Only once have I managed to get to the psychometric assessment stage. Most of the time, like many, I get nowhere at all.

Don't mean to come across as presumptuous in any way, but I feel like I always put together a decent job application (or as good as is possible for an external applicant with no previous railway experience). It's just so frustrating and upsetting when it's something you desperately want to get into. Has to be one of the toughest industries to even get a foot in the door with. Just makes you feel like giving up on the dream :(
I am really really sorry to hear this!

I'm sure it's something you might have considered, but have you looked at a trainee driver role at the Metro? I know someone who got in this way, did about 3-4 years here and then applied and was successful for a mainline TOC driver role. He was a complete external prior to this with little 'decent' work experience!! I know the starting salary isn't great but it certainly improves!
 

train-safe

Member
Joined
20 Dec 2019
Messages
76
Location
leeds
I've just had the rejection email following the video interview too. Gutted. Has to be said, I've probably applied for a train driver role as an external applicant at least 8 times over the last 7 years. Many more applications on top of that for other roles such as a conductor/train manager. Only once have I managed to get to the psychometric assessment stage. Most of the time, like many, I get nowhere at all.

Don't mean to come across as presumptuous in any way, but I feel like I always put together a decent job application (or as good as is possible for an external applicant with no previous railway experience). It's just so frustrating and upsetting when it's something you desperately want to get into. Has to be one of the toughest industries to even get a foot in the door with. Just makes you feel like giving up on the dream :(
Never give up if its something you really want, I felt that way a few years ago and now Im sat here as a driver, your time will come if you keep going
 

baz962

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2017
Messages
3,668
I've just had the rejection email following the video interview too. Gutted. Has to be said, I've probably applied for a train driver role as an external applicant at least 8 times over the last 7 years. Many more applications on top of that for other roles such as a conductor/train manager. Only once have I managed to get to the psychometric assessment stage. Most of the time, like many, I get nowhere at all.

Don't mean to come across as presumptuous in any way, but I feel like I always put together a decent job application (or as good as is possible for an external applicant with no previous railway experience). It's just so frustrating and upsetting when it's something you desperately want to get into. Has to be one of the toughest industries to even get a foot in the door with. Just makes you feel like giving up on the dream :(
Keep going mate. I took around eight year's. At first I didn't get through a few first sifts , then got a telephone interview and was unsuccessful at that in around 2016. Eventually in 2017 I got invited to the psychometric assessments and passed all to enhanced , but was unsuccessful at the dmi. I 2018 I was offered three dmi's and was successful at one and turned two down , one of which I applied for at the same time as I applied to my current toc . The other I had applied for a month before applying to my toc , but they offered me the dmi ten months later ( I was nearly qualified ). Don't give up on the dream .
 

cjt1991

Member
Joined
24 Nov 2020
Messages
10
Location
Newcastle
I've just had my rejection email too. Was completely expecting it to be fair - I am happy I got as far as I did first time round and I'll try again next time.

Wishing everyone else who's still in the game all the best and good luck!!
 

CreamNCookies

Member
Joined
10 Aug 2018
Messages
416
From what I can tell in regards to railway recruitment, as long as you hit a certain benchmark you progress.
 

James_Cairns

Member
Joined
18 Nov 2020
Messages
12
Location
Newcastle
I know of a few guys still waiting to hear back too so I imagine it's still just a waiting game for me.

Sorry to all the guys who haven't made it this time too just keep going I guess.
 

CreamNCookies

Member
Joined
10 Aug 2018
Messages
416
I'm constantly checking my emails. I'm under the impression I haven't passed, but because I haven't heard anything there a slither of hope.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top