• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Only SVG-KGX with Network Card - No Minimum Fare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stut

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
1,924
Was heading into London from Stevenage today. While I was checking the times, I noticed an incredibly cheap fare - £6.55 return with LNER Only (Super Off-Peak). Checking the conditions, it mentioned that LNER was lifting all time restrictions during the "Crimbo Limbo" week.

Is this correct - was this fare valid despite the Network Card minimum fare being in action on a weekday, or was it a slightly clumsy online sale of what is normally a weekend-only fare? The LNER ticket machine at the Nidge wasn't offering it.

(In the end I got an Any Operator Travelcard so it was a moot point. I was just curious...)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bspahh

Established Member
Joined
5 Jan 2017
Messages
2,441
Was heading into London from Stevenage today. While I was checking the times, I noticed an incredibly cheap fare - £6.55 return with LNER Only (Super Off-Peak). Checking the conditions, it mentioned that LNER was lifting all time restrictions during the "Crimbo Limbo" week.

Is this correct - was this fare valid despite the Network Card minimum fare being in action on a weekday, or was it a slightly clumsy online sale of what is normally a weekend-only fare? The LNER ticket machine at the Nidge wasn't offering it.

(In the end I got an Any Operator Travelcard so it was a moot point. I was just curious...)

http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=SVG&dest=KGX&rlc=NEW&rte=27&tkt=GDR says that its a weekend only fare. Without the Network card, its £9.90 but still only valid on a weekend or bank holiday.
http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=SVG&dest=KGX&rte=27&tkt=GDR
 

stut

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
1,924
http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=SVG&dest=KGX&rlc=NEW&rte=27&tkt=GDR says that its a weekend only fare. Without the Network card, its £9.90 but still only valid on a weekend or bank holiday.
http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=SVG&dest=KGX&rte=27&tkt=GDR

Indeed, but from the same link:

the nice people at brfares said:
Between Saturday 21st December 2019 and Wednesday 1st January 2020 inclusive, time restrictions on board LNER services will be lifted.

Which isn't that unusual - I've seen GDRs available during the week in the summer months too. The bit that surprised me was the minimum £13 not being applied for the discount. This was on the LNER site, and a couple others.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top