• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Customer host training

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattieT

New Member
Joined
24 Feb 2026
Messages
1
Location
newcastle
I hope someone can help me. I have an assessment next week for the role of LNER customer service host part time at Newcastle central station. I have emailed the talent team asking if the full time training is mandatory. They responded saying it is and “parts are done in York” is anyone able to confirm which parts? Is it just the first week and what days is it Monday to Friday ? I have very little childcare through the week hence why I’m applying for a weekend part time job. I’m just unsure whether I can go forward with this recruitment if it is two full weeks in York ??
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

blourd

Member
Joined
27 Jul 2023
Messages
19
Location
The North
I went through the recruitment process last year with LNER and got a job working in the station so I have some idea.

I was in York Monday-Thursday approx 9am-4pm. First 3 days the 'Welcome To' corporate welcome for all new staff (TMs, drivers, hosts, station staff) and then last day about giving excellent customer service which was more for the front line staff. I think the hosts were also in on Friday, and then the next week maybe Monday-Wednesday doing specific on board training which I wasn't part of. So assume 2 weeks of office hours in York, which means leaving Newcastle around 0730 and back for 1730.

If you struggle for childcare it might be worth considering whether a job like this works for you. If they have said it is purely weekend working then you might be able to make it work but I would be surprised if you wouldn't get some weekday shifts as well. There is potential for disruption as well which means you could be home hours later than your official finish time. Overall I think it can be a great job as long as you know what you're signing up for.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top