• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Azuma buffet catering when running on diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm333

Member
Joined
28 Aug 2008
Messages
776
Location
53.8331°N 1.7734°W
I’m on an Azuma heading north which will be going via Sleaford and Lincoln due to engineering works.

The catering person has just told us to get our hot food and drinks before Peterborough as when we’re running on diesel, there’s no power to the buffet.

Is that correct? If I board an Azuma at Inverness, is it true that I can’t get a coffee until Edinburgh?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Davester50

Member
Joined
22 Feb 2021
Messages
1,067
Location
UK
It's not one of the diesel electric ones towing an electric only one?
The 9 car diesel electrics work fine off the wires.
 

TreacleMiller

Member
Joined
22 Feb 2020
Messages
537
Location
-
I’m on an Azuma heading north which will be going via Sleaford and Lincoln due to engineering works.

The catering person has just told us to get our hot food and drinks before Peterborough as when we’re running on diesel, there’s no power to the buffet.

Is that correct? If I board an Azuma at Inverness, is it true that I can’t get a coffee until Edinburgh?

10 car in a mixed 800/801 formation will do that if you're in an 801 section.

Looks like youre on 1D33 which is a mixed formation.

You'll be on electric mode after leaving Doncaster.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top