• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ljubljana to Zagreb - which way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burns20

Member
Joined
17 Feb 2011
Messages
611
Location
Machynlleth
I'm travelling from Nova Gorica to Zagreb tmrw and have a choice of the direct route via Dobova or going via Karlovac

Is the Karlovac route worth it?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ashkeba

Established Member
Joined
13 May 2019
Messages
2,171
I've not used the Karlovac route but the direct one hugs the Sava river for a while and is pretty scenic!
 

Cloud Strife

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2014
Messages
2,965
Karlovac-Zagreb is pretty dull, so I'd be inclined to take the direct route.

Nova Gorica is a strange, strange place...
 

burns20

Member
Joined
17 Feb 2011
Messages
611
Location
Machynlleth
Yes I see what you mean by Strange.

My first time staying in a Casino (one of many it would seem), having walked past So many busts of famous slovenian people and a strip club from the station.

Very Soviet Architecture for Slovenia.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top