• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Livery variations & full fleet details - East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

P156KWJ

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2007
Messages
4,226
Location
Nottinghamshire
158s will be repainted when they are refurbished this summer (hopefully), and as for 153s I'm not sure, don't think they're set for refurbs so they'll probably be done after the 222s or HSTs (incidentally, no more HSTs will be repainted until they are refurbished in 2009)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

P156KWJ

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2007
Messages
4,226
Location
Nottinghamshire
the existing few remaining valentas will be displaced with Paxman VP185s, as they have proven more reliable than MTUs. 43058 has already had this surgery.
 

P156KWJ

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2007
Messages
4,226
Location
Nottinghamshire
the end of an era is near. 08908 (the last locomotive in MML teal / orange) has lost its branding and MML deer logo, and is underway being repainted in to Bombardier livery.
 

P156KWJ

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2007
Messages
4,226
Location
Nottinghamshire
yes, although to the general public, at the end of the day, it's a train, and it doesn't matter if it's bright pink with purple spots (170399 comes to mind back in 2002!) it gets 'em from A-B.
 

P156KWJ

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2007
Messages
4,226
Location
Nottinghamshire
You should of tried living on the Thameslink line when there was like 7 different livery's.

Must have been boring for Thames Trains users, they only repainted 1x 165 IIRC, and all there others were still in NSE livery (including NSE branding) by the time the franchise ended!
 

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Joined
13 May 2008
Messages
12,775
Aye- I've known colleagues to get on a FCC Networker rather than the One/NXEA 317 they need becuase the platforms have been switched that morning. Most people don't notice what their train looks like.
 

class 313

Established Member
Joined
10 Dec 2005
Messages
6,475
Location
St Albans
Must have been boring for Thames Trains users, they only repainted 1x 165 IIRC, and all there others were still in NSE livery (including NSE branding) by the time the franchise ended!

There was more than one painted in Thames Trains!
 

vc-10

Member
Joined
8 May 2008
Messages
60
Location
Windsor
I thought most of the 165s got into Thames Train's livery, before being reliveried into a hybrid 'First Great Western Link' livery, before the current 'Neon' livery?
 

devon_metro

Established Member
Joined
11 Oct 2005
Messages
7,714
Location
London
Must have been boring for Thames Trains users, they only repainted 1x 165 IIRC, and all there others were still in NSE livery (including NSE branding) by the time the franchise ended!

All turdos gained Thames Trains livery.
 

vc-10

Member
Joined
8 May 2008
Messages
60
Location
Windsor
All turdos gained Thames Trains livery.

Good nickname that... When I've got time on my hands I always wait a bit longer at Slough or Reading to take an HST instead!:D Luckily I've got a ticket for a Hereford bound service between Slough and Reading on Thursday, which I think is an HST. That being said, FGW's website tried to reserve me a ticket in coach D, despite me paying for first class. I don't think they do reserved seating on the Turdos, but on HSTs coach D is standard. Could I be on an Adelete? (Here's hoping, I've never been on one!) It's the 11:37 service out of Slough, and I'll catch the earlier train out of Windsor just to catch it....(hell, I don't mind sitting on Slough platform for 30 minutes watching HSTs scream past at full pelt!:grin::grin:)
 

P156KWJ

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2007
Messages
4,226
Location
Nottinghamshire
Good nickname that... When I've got time on my hands I always wait a bit longer at Slough or Reading to take an HST instead!:D Luckily I've got a ticket for a Hereford bound service between Slough and Reading on Thursday, which I think is an HST. That being said, FGW's website tried to reserve me a ticket in coach D, despite me paying for first class. I don't think they do reserved seating on the Turdos, but on HSTs coach D is standard. Could I be on an Adelete? (Here's hoping, I've never been on one!) It's the 11:37 service out of Slough, and I'll catch the earlier train out of Windsor just to catch it....(hell, I don't mind sitting on Slough platform for 30 minutes watching HSTs scream past at full pelt!:grin::grin:)

god, it'd take a lot of persuasion for me to choose a FGW HST over a turbo! now, if you gave me a turbo and an itercity HST, that's a different story :D
 

vc-10

Member
Joined
8 May 2008
Messages
60
Location
Windsor
Why? The Turdos are loud and slow, and worst of all, you can't stick your head out the window :D
The seats on the HSTs aren't that bad. I was in one today, between Reading a Slough, it was fine. The Flying F logo is a bit odd though staring you in the face...
 

P156KWJ

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2007
Messages
4,226
Location
Nottinghamshire
majority of 153s / 158s with EMT branding, even 153321, which was stupid, because the 'Trains' in EMT is in orange, which is the colour of the unit, so unless you look closely from about 10 feet away, it says 'East Midlands' :roll:
 

P156KWJ

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2007
Messages
4,226
Location
Nottinghamshire
222011 has been painted in EMT colours.

Picture I found here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/27364338@N08/2556481643/

Also, I don't think 222019 is in EMT colours as this picture was taken on the 30th May and the person reported 222019 in EMT on the 24th May - http://matthew457.fotopic.net/p50911780.html

thanks for that, apologies about 019. Just for no further confusion:
EMT LIVERY MEANS FULL STAGECOACH COLOURS AND EMT BRANDING, THIS DOES NOT MEAN FORMER TOC LIVERIES WITH EMT VYNILS.
 

xc170

Member
Joined
9 Feb 2008
Messages
815
I think EMT's colour scheme is ridiculous they should have kept MML's smart livery instead of replacing it with something that looks like its from a 5 year olds colouring book, but somehow it dose look really good on the SWT units.
However i do kinda like the colour scheme being applied to the 156 fleet.

Rant over_
 

jacknottm

Member
Joined
8 Aug 2005
Messages
259
Location
Nottingham
I Have no idea what they are doing.

However earlier on the 1330 NOT > STP was formed of

60162 60544 60536 60633 60242 60346 60253. 3 In Stagecoach Livery. 4 in MML Livery

In order the coaches belong to

222002 - 222004 - 222016 - 222013 - 222002 - 222006 - 222013

Its anyones guess !
 

richa2002

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,298
Blimey, any news on this unusual combination for tomorrow would be greatly appreciated.
 

222001

Member
Joined
1 Sep 2006
Messages
840
Location
Chesterfield
60162 60544 60536 60633 60242 60346 60253. 3 In Stagecoach Livery. 4 in MML Livery

In order the coaches belong to

222002 - 222004 - 222016 - 222013 - 222002 - 222006 - 222013

Its anyones guess !

Wow thats a mix. Perhaps this is whats left of whats not broken or being painted at the moment.

Does anybody know if any of the other Meridians are in strange formations?

Also I think there is a little misstake there thought because you have 60242 (an end car) in the middle of the formation. Did you mean 60342?
 

jacknottm

Member
Joined
8 Aug 2005
Messages
259
Location
Nottingham
Wow thats a mix. Perhaps this is whats left of whats not broken or being painted at the moment.

Does anybody know if any of the other Meridians are in strange formations?

Also I think there is a little misstake there thought because you have 60242 (an end car) in the middle of the formation. Did you mean 60342?

Just quoting what gen i got. You Are most probably correct. Cheers !:grin:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top