• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Livery lists for LM,XC,EM,NX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
8 Dec 2007
Messages
476
Abrail notes these in new se livery: 465006/035/168; 466008/019.

Scot-rail forums notes 320318 has gone for refurbishment and relivery.
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
I think the new Greater Anglia logo will look rather good on the plain white/NXEA units because the grey and red will stand out as well as grey already being used on the NX painted units

I like the new Stansted Express logo too!

I think it was a bit of a disaster for National Express to put their 'coach' logo so prominently on trains, anyone agree?
 

Crossforth

Established Member
Joined
20 Aug 2009
Messages
1,337
Location
Lancashire
I think the new Greater Anglia logo will look rather good on the plain white/NXEA units because the grey and red will stand out as well as grey already being used on the NX painted units

I like the new Stansted Express logo too!

I think it was a bit of a disaster for National Express to put their 'coach' logo so prominently on trains, anyone agree?

I agree about NX

Where are these new logos shown?
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,292
Why on earth was it left to end up looking like that?!
 

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
I think beause it was painted in the awful metallic grey version of the 'one' livery which was rapidly scrapped so that when they removed the stripes they painted over in the newer version of the 'one' livery.

This may be because they were painting over the stripes on other units and it made sense to use the same paint or because the metallic was vinyl only...

I think whichever class 317/7 that was in the 'One' Stansted Orange livery looked the worse. Interestingly this was the only unit to be painted in this version of 'one' livery, the 317/8s were painted in yet another different livery despite the other 317/7s being in yet another livery! All the ex Stansted Express units in NX livery now though
 

Class 466

Established Member
Joined
5 Mar 2010
Messages
2,139
Location
Atherton, UK
465045 is currently being repainted at Wolverton
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
465197 Has also been repainted
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
465162 Came back 10th December 11 with 66001 on 6X48
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
465003 Went up 7th January on 6X45
 

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
A few 317/6s are still running around in "one" livery. Will these be repainted, as Greater Anglia has only announced the repainting of classes 153, 156, 315 and 321?
 
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
806
Location
London
A few 317/6s are still running around in "one" livery. Will these be repainted, as Greater Anglia has only announced the repainting of classes 153, 156, 315 and 321?

Are you sure they've announced the repainting of the 321's? Most of them have been done under National Express, therefore aren't due an external repaint. I have heard that the 321/4's that came from London Midland are due for an internal refurbishment.
 

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
Are you sure they've announced the repainting of the 321's? Most of them have been done under National Express, therefore aren't due an external repaint. I have heard that the 321/4's that came from London Midland are due for an internal refurbishment.

http://www.greateranglia.co.uk/files/download/25

NEW!
Q: Does Abellio have any plans to add a livery to the trains?
A: We recognise that there’s a complete mismatch today with the multiple liveries across the different fleets. Within the 29-month franchise period only a third of the fleet will be due a repaint as part of their planned heavy maintenance work, e.g. class 321s, 315s, 153s and 156s. In the current economic climate, we don’t believe that customers would appreciate us painting vehicles for the sake of it just to make them look the same. Instead, and with a firm focus on the longer term franchise, those that are painted will be done in a neutral livery which can be adapted for the next longer term franchise due to start in July 2014. This will be similar to the latest class 321s that have been painted.

Hence I found it curious that they mentioned 321s but not 317s. I hope they do the remaining 317s because they have nearly done all of them. It is curious that the former LM 321s are due an internal refurbishment as I think they have a better interior than the former FGE 321s.
 

87015

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2006
Messages
5,078
Location
GEML/WCML/SR
Hence I found it curious that they mentioned 321s but not 317s. I hope they do the remaining 317s because they have nearly done all of them. It is curious that the former LM 321s are due an internal refurbishment as I think they have a better interior than the former FGE 321s.
The only 321s which are likely to be painted are those which are are still to go to Doncaster as part of the existing plan - and they'll come back looking basically the same as the existing white ones.

The 321/4 refresh is only what would have happened two years ago under NX had they retained the extension so its not really a win as its just been delayed!
 

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
The only 321s which are likely to be painted are those which are are still to go to Doncaster as part of the existing plan - and they'll come back looking basically the same as the existing white ones.

This is what I mean, it seems odd that Greater Anglia would mention the 321s as they are already being repainted and not the 317s. By my reckoning, the following 317s are still in "One" colours:
317656
317659
317660
317661
317662
317663
317664
317665
317667
317668
317670
317672

Will these be repainted into base NX/GA white or left in one colours. Are they not being mentioned because they will all be in white before GA get the franchise. Looking at it, there are slightly more than 9 units still in "one" colours, and 9 units are being withdrawn. Maybe the /7s aren't the ones that are going. :o
 
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
806
Location
London
This is what I mean, it seems odd that Greater Anglia would mention the 321s as they are already being repainted and not the 317s. By my reckoning, the following 317s are still in "One" colours:
317656
317659
317660
317661
317662
317663
317664
317665
317667
317668
317670
317672

Will these be repainted into base NX/GA white or left in one colours. Are they not being mentioned because they will all be in white before GA get the franchise. Looking at it, there are slightly more than 9 units still in "one" colours, and 9 units are being withdrawn. Maybe the /7s aren't the ones that are going. :o

I would imagine they will still be painted, into the plain white livery.

317656 hasn't been seen for a while now so I suspect a possible repaint here- but this is not confirmed.

Your list above is correct by the way.
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
Yeah I think the 321s and 317s will basically be finished by the time Abellio take over.

The 153s could do with a repaint. The Anglia 156s are due a major refurbishment to make them DDA compliant
 
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
806
Location
London
Not sure how you want to list this, either under NXEA or Greater Anglia (Abellio), but 153306 is at Wolverton for relivery.
 

Class 466

Established Member
Joined
5 Mar 2010
Messages
2,139
Location
Atherton, UK
465029 was Taken to Wolverton Last saturday, this was the last 465 with silver window frames.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
this means there are 2 465/0s left
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
466018 + 466037 are Doncaster bound with 465184 Wolverton bound tomorrow :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
^This is the final pair of 466s due to be repainted this year, we will see a return of the 465/2 & /9s being repainted the first being currently booked as 465249 in 3 weeks time when the 466s return.
 
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
806
Location
London
NXEA/Abellio Greater Anglia 315850 at Ilford being repainted.

Looks like they're continuing to be repainted into the plain white livery with Greater Anglia vinyls. I understand it to be the same for the DMU's, unless anyone wishes to correct me.
 

Class 466

Established Member
Joined
5 Mar 2010
Messages
2,139
Location
Atherton, UK
Remove 466037 , this wont be repainted until next year, 375807 was never repainted

465166 is currently at Wolverton
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,849
Location
Epsom
And the last ever NXEA repaint goes to 317656. Currently out on a test run, paired with 317511!

And how did 511 perform this time? I think that's it's first trip out for a month?

I saw that pairing sitting at a signal at Bethnal Green - in full sun and yes my bloomin' camera had failed again* earlier in the day! ( For anyone who wonders, 511 is my only East anglian unit apart from the 379s which I need a photo of... )


*Repair man thinks it may be a short circuit in the shutter release bits. Meanwhile, I have tonight loaded up the fully manual camera again. No electronics to play up!
 
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
806
Location
London
511 did well I think. It made it back to Ilford with no issues reported. I don't know when it'll be back in service.

There is a diagram tomorrow and Sunday for a pair of 317's to work Stansted Express services to enable some 379's to be rebranded. Would be a good opportunity for 511 to have a run- it won't be running on its own and it'll have a chance to have the cobwebs blown off!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top