• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Livery lists for LM,XC,EM,NX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class 466

Established Member
Joined
5 Mar 2010
Messages
2,141
Location
Atherton, UK
465 010 is currently at Wolverton
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
465 017 has been Repainted.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
466 011 and 466 043 have been refreshed
 

DjU

Member
Joined
12 Jul 2009
Messages
254
Location
Essex
I believe 321432 has been dragged up to Doncaster from Store at Eastleigh

Leaves only 321433 left down there now.
 
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
806
Location
London
NXEA 321 333 at Doncaster for relivery (plain White)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
NXEA 317 885 will be next to go to Chart Leacon for relivery (plain White) when 883 is returned within the next few days.
 

Crossforth

Established Member
Joined
20 Aug 2009
Messages
1,337
Location
Lancashire
I assume NXEA have realised they will not get the next franchise and that's why units are coming back in plain white?
 
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
806
Location
London
I believe so. Not heard anything official though.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
NXEA 321 331 is also at Doncaster for relivery.
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,851
Location
Epsom
I am told that 317 511 has been moved, albeit just on a shunt around, as it was seen briefly outside Ilford depot last week, but no idea what condition it was in.
 

O L Leigh

Established Member
Joined
20 Jan 2006
Messages
5,609
Location
In the cab with the paper
317883 is back in plain white to match 317882. I think we can take it as read that all further units going for relivery will come back in this scheme.

317511 is in quite a poor state having given up a number of parts to other units, including both it's gangway doors which are no longer available as replacement parts. I am given to believe that this unit will eventually find it's way down to Chart Leacon where it will be returned to operational status.

In the meantime, 511 continues to exist in much the same way as it has these past few years by being shunted in and out of the New Shed as required. Normally it lives over on the Plessey Roads at the far side of the depot from the GEML so can be seen from passing trains. It is distinguished by being the only unit not to have received the interim NX white stripe.

O L Leigh
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,851
Location
Epsom
Since we have previously been given to understand that an overhaul had started on 511 and that a move to Ashford was imminent, I deduce it has slipped down the priority list again and at the present the situation is that nobody really knows what will happen to it at present?

Gangway doors - aren't they standard with the 455s? Southern closed up their 455 gangways during refurbishment a couple of years ago so might have a few spares available for sale...??
 

O L Leigh

Established Member
Joined
20 Jan 2006
Messages
5,609
Location
In the cab with the paper
Since we have previously been given to understand that an overhaul had started on 511 and that a move to Ashford was imminent, I deduce it has slipped down the priority list again and at the present the situation is that nobody really knows what will happen to it at present?

That sounds like a leap too far.

511's situation is no different now to what it was before. It requires parts in order to be fit to return to traffic and has not been subject to any specific "refurb". The unit remains on-strength and is therefore receiving the same in-service upgrades the rest of the fleet is getting. I don't think that there is any significance attached to the fact that it hasn't gone to Chart Leacon yet. Quite a few other units are still waiting their turn.

Gangway doors - aren't they standard with the 455s? Southern closed up their 455 gangways during refurbishment a couple of years ago so might have a few spares available for sale...??

Assuming that the doors themselves were not actually retained in the refurb and were actually removed, what's to say that they weren't all binned? Southern would have no further use for them.

O L Leigh
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
When Nat Express finishes with the 317/5s will it move on to the 317/6s of which 3 are in WAGN livery? That would be nice! However the (relatively small) diesal fleet is a right mis match of livery.. and I'd imagine it is time to refurbish the 153s and 170s?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Also 317512 seems to have escaped the net, unlike 511 it is in service I believe!
 
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
806
Location
London
Saw 357 215 in East Ham depot poking its nose out of the shed doors in the new livery.

Also, 317 885 has gone to Chart Leacon for relivery.

ml, you're right, 512 has escaped the net so far, but with only 2 317/5's left (511 & 512) and 2 317/8's left (884 & 886), all of the 317/7's are completed, I shouldn't think it'll be long before it goes. I imagine 512 will get done before the 317/6's.
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
I'd imagine the class 317/6s could do with the likes of new upholstery, having been last refurbished by WAGN.

I'm sure the class 170s should be up for a similar refurbishment too although I realise it may be difficult seeing how hard the small fleet is worked.
 

O L Leigh

Established Member
Joined
20 Jan 2006
Messages
5,609
Location
In the cab with the paper
The Cl317/6's were last mentioned in conjunction with the Cl321 relivery programme. My understanding has always been that these would go once all the "Bins" were done. Unfortunately I fear that the refranchising of Greater Anglia may interfere with this. While the latest "Bins" have been coming back in plain white there is still the majority of the fleet left to do. I suspect that the Cl317/6's may end up waiting a while longer.

As for 317512, it's been out on the Stansted Express for a few days now. I quite like the unit because it is instantly recognisable and I happen to think the interim NXEA/'one' livery looks rather good on it.

O L Leigh
 
Joined
8 Dec 2007
Messages
476
NXc2c 357206 now seen in new livery.

Only units not seen are 357207/208 [which maybe underway as there seems to be a pattern in numerical completion] and 357228.

All others as noted - spent 2-3 hours on Barking station and noted all other units.
 
Last edited:

DjU

Member
Joined
12 Jul 2009
Messages
254
Location
Essex
Just a little housekeeping on the NXEA 321

321330 is in the plain white not in NXEA silver/grey

321431 is missing from the list, it is in NXEA silver/grey it went up to Doncaster back in March

321333 was the unit coming back with 321432 yesterday - I don't beleive 433 has had a trip to Doncaster. In fact it might still be down at Eastleigh.

321332 went up to Doncaster today.
 
Last edited:
Joined
8 Dec 2007
Messages
476
I was at London Olympia yesterday at about 2.30pm [Sat 19th June] - saw an ews 67002 hauling a southeastern set north - believe it to be 465235 - probably to Doncaster.

I took my London Overground to Willesden Green and was passed by a similar southbound set above Acton/North Pole - may have contained the above mentioned 465913.
 
Last edited:

Class 466

Established Member
Joined
5 Mar 2010
Messages
2,141
Location
Atherton, UK
was the southbound set repainted with the purple undercarriage? if it was it was465 913 if not it was 465 010
 
Joined
8 Dec 2007
Messages
476
Sorry - I was in an Overground train and it just shot by!

Andrew Chambers has a photo of 465010 on 25th June at Bletchely heading south, so I saw 465913 on Saturday 19th June.
 
Last edited:
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
806
Location
London
317 885 NXEA is back from Chart Leacon in plain White, 317 884 has now gone to Chart Leacon.

On my way past Ilford Depot yesterday, 317 511 was sitting in the Country End siding with a Silverlink 321 attached to it. 511 had plastic over the ends where the nose end doors should have been. I believe it did now have a pantograph now, and considering it's not been out on the mainline for nearly 4 years (ish) she looked pretty tatty.
 

O L Leigh

Established Member
Joined
20 Jan 2006
Messages
5,609
Location
In the cab with the paper
It's got to have been at least that long since 511 went through the washer.

The pan has been on for a good little while, as have a number of other parts that had been stripped (e.g. bogie dampers, etc). The plastic over the gangways makes up for the doors that 511 gave up to a couple of her classmates after they had suicides burst into the cabs at Harlow Mill on consecutive weeks.

O L Leigh
 
Joined
8 Dec 2007
Messages
476
Photographs by Mark Beal and Graeme Wilson show 465008 heading south from Wolverton to Slade Green on Saturday, 3rd July in new southeastern livery.
 

Dreadnought

Member
Joined
1 Oct 2007
Messages
586
Thanks craig - that is one unexpected repaint - had almost closed the book on any further LM paints!

I thought all 7 of LMs 321s are going to Doncaster for overhaul / repaint.

Craig, the branding was applied at Northampton Kings Heath depot for 321411 & 321412.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top