• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Livery lists for LM,XC,EM,NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
Joined
23 May 2011
Messages
2,143
Quick question which seems most appropriate here - did any Mark 3s get painted into the DOR East Coast colour scheme?

Looking back at my photos, they all look to be still in their NXEC colours until after the VTEC takeover.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

59CosG95

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2013
Messages
6,864
Location
Beeston (Notts)
Quick question which seems most appropriate here - did any Mark 3s get painted into the DOR East Coast colour scheme?

Looking back at my photos, they all look to be still in their NXEC colours until after the VTEC takeover.

One set, EC64, an ex-EMT rake with coaches 41062, 41154, 40732, 42335, 42123, 42125, 42210 and 44073 made it into EC Grey before going into VTEC's "barbershop pole/candy-cane/coke-can" livery.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Also, there was a working a few days ago from Wolverton to Allerton operated by ROG: 319s 218 & 219, still in TL livery, went up to start a new life with Northern.
 

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
Joined
23 May 2011
Messages
2,143
One set, EC64, an ex-EMT rake with coaches 41062, 41154, 40732, 42335, 42123, 42125, 42210 and 44073 made it into EC Grey before going into VTEC's "barbershop pole/candy-cane/coke-can" livery.

Thanks, I'll have to see if I got a shot of this.

Also, there was a working a few days ago from Wolverton to Allerton operated by ROG: 319s 218 & 219, still in TL livery, went up to start a new life with Northern.

Are they going to be operating on Northern in TL colours for a bit, or getting the full refurb first?
 

59CosG95

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2013
Messages
6,864
Location
Beeston (Notts)
Thanks, I'll have to see if I got a shot of this.



Are they going to be operating on Northern in TL colours for a bit, or getting the full refurb first?

I'm not exactly sure, but I assume they'll dive straight in; this may free up some space at Wolverton for a couple more 319s to get "Northernised"while maintaining a more electric service.
 

Brian Aylott

Member
Joined
11 Oct 2012
Messages
262
Are they going to be operating on Northern in TL colours for a bit, or getting the full refurb first?

They have had their C6X + PRM mods and repaint recently
At present Northern's vinyl contractors just need to replace TL's vinyls with Northern's
Brian
 

sd0733

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2012
Messages
5,197
There hasn't been any confirmation of the next unit since 158717 came back from the works. Potentially 724 or 704 but I have no idea!

704 was still out last weekend as had it on a Glasgow to Aberdeen run last sunday.
 
Joined
20 Mar 2012
Messages
762
320411 is in scotrail 'saltire' livery, went north as 5S20 Doncaster to shields depot tonight

158715 is in scotrail 'saltire' livery as it was noted with 158870 on 1L21 1711 Glasgow to Carnoustie service tonight
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
156478 (the flood damaged unit) has returned to service in the new scotrail 'saltire' livery
 

Harbornite

Established Member
Joined
7 May 2016
Messages
3,627
Quick question which seems most appropriate here - did any Mark 3s get painted into the DOR East Coast colour scheme?

Looking back at my photos, they all look to be still in their NXEC colours until after the VTEC takeover.

I'd noticed this as well, I had a feeling that only a handful of mark 3s received EC grey and Cosmo's post has confirmed which ones.


20704836910_45327f397d.jpg


From Sam Boothby on Flickr.
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
How many 377/5s in plain blue livery?

I saw I think 377521 today looking very shiny
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
317881 now being repainted.

I'd imagine being London Overground these are being internally refreshed to a 317/7 standard
 

59CosG95

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2013
Messages
6,864
Location
Beeston (Notts)
How many 377/5s in plain blue livery?

I saw I think 377521 today looking very shiny
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


I'd imagine being London Overground these are being internally refreshed to a 317/7 standard

I swear 881's still a GA machine.
 
Joined
20 Mar 2012
Messages
762
170408 is in the scotrail 'saltire' livery (repainted by the 17th October) meaning another 170 (possibly 170409) is due soon in Scotrail 'saltire' livery
 
Joined
20 Mar 2012
Messages
762
320412 is in scotrail 'saltire' colours as it returned to Scotland yesterday and LM 320416 went south today for refurbishment/repaint.

Also, Scotrail 158782 went unexpectedly south to Loughborough last week for unknown reasons? Any info as to why 158782 went south?
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
Have all 377/5s been reliveried to just plain blue now?

Only seem to see the three 377/2s in the first group dynamic block livery although they are vinyled not painted so will presumably have this removed soon if they are still wearing southern livery underneath

I would think those permanently transferring to southeastern will be added on to their refurbishment works
 

sd0733

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2012
Messages
5,197
No, definitely some blue FCC 377s with vinyls. 377522 was seen yesterday with vinyls. Look filthy especially the cab ends and roofs compared to the new one.

Also, 375906 was out in blue yesterday paired with fellow blue 375909.
 

physics34

Established Member
Joined
1 Dec 2013
Messages
4,093
Have all 377/5s been reliveried to just plain blue now?

Only seem to see the three 377/2s in the first group dynamic block livery although they are vinyled not painted so will presumably have this removed soon if they are still wearing southern livery underneath

I would think those permanently transferring to southeastern will be added on to their refurbishment works

Blue? Its purple.

Yep the 3x 377/2s have all over vinyls.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Yes, it does seem a shame, but then again, I'm not that sure the covers on the 377/1s/2s/3s/4s have been renewed either :lol:

the 1s - 4s did have the seat covers replaced..... just a big shame they werent replaced with a better seat cover and not those sandpaper ones.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top