• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool to Manchester off-peak day return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Lane

Member
Joined
5 Apr 2010
Messages
334
Location
Birkenhead, Merseyside
Hello again,

If I was to buy a £9.90 off-peak day return from Liverpool stations to Manchester stations tomorrow, I'd probably leave Lime Street on either the 09:44 to Victoria or the 09:52 to Oxford Road. Either suits me fine.

But what would the late-afternoon/early evening travelling restrictions be on returning from (any) Manchester station on an off-peak ticket? I would prefer to return early evening or thereabouts.

Don't mind buying the £14 anytime return ticket if I really have to, but if I can get the £9.90 off-peak one, then great.

As always, thanks for any possible helpful info.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lampshade

Established Member
Joined
3 Sep 2009
Messages
3,778
Location
South London
Restriction : B1
OUTWARD TRAVEL
By any train except those
timed to depart Mondays to
Fridays before 0930

RETURN TRAVEL
By any train

So no afternoon peak restrictions on the £9.90 CDR :)
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,574
Outward Travel.

You can travel on any train except those TIMED* to depart before 0930 Monday to Friday
So you should be OK on those two said trains.

Return Travel

As far as I can make out from the restrictions By Any Train. (can someone 2nd that please)

*So you cant get on a service timed before 0930 but running late departing after 0930.

Hope this Helps.
 
Last edited:

OwlMan

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
3,206
The ticket code is B1

avantix
Restriction : B1
OUTWARD TRAVEL
By any train except those timed to depart Mondays to Fridays before 0930
RETURN TRAVEL
By any train

There is no restriction on the return portion

Peter
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
No evening peak restrictions on that ticket (which is the norm for probably most CDR tickets, however some companies have been restricting them in recent years in order to make the system more complex, err, I mean "simple" in railway-speak)
Avantix NFM05 said:
CDR - OFF-PEAK DAY R TPE
00000 - ANY PERMITTED

1 Adult @£ 9.90 = £ 9.90



Restriction : B1
OUTWARD TRAVEL
By any train except those
timed to depart Mondays to
Fridays before 0930

RETURN TRAVEL
By any train
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,574
Wow - It looks like all 3 of us posted the same thing - loading the page before 91107's post! lol ;)
 

Green Lane

Member
Joined
5 Apr 2010
Messages
334
Location
Birkenhead, Merseyside
That's brilliant, thanks very much for the quick replies. The off-peak ticket will do nicely then. Cheers all! :D

(EDIT: I'll also make sure I don't jump on any delayed-departure trains in the morning :lol: )
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,574
Its ok - all part of our service.

We often find more than one person has posted the same thing multiple times because they didn't see the 1st Reply! Usually because the page does not automatically refresh when is posted on - so we all post the answer.


Just Remember this...
Outward Travel.

You can travel on any train except those TIMED* to depart before 0930 Monday to Friday
So you should be OK on those two said trains.

*So you cant get on a service timed before 0930 but running late departing after 0930.
 

tony_mac

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2009
Messages
3,626
Location
Liverpool
If travelling early; a Liverpool to Preston anytime day return is cheaper (£12.20) - it is valid via Manchester, and does operate the barriers at Oxford Road.

If you wanted to depart between 08:26 and 09:27, then a Liverpool to Manchester off-peak return is valid. (£12.10), as the restriction is arrival after 09:30.
 

Green Lane

Member
Joined
5 Apr 2010
Messages
334
Location
Birkenhead, Merseyside
If travelling early; a Liverpool to Preston anytime day return is cheaper (£12.20) - it is valid via Manchester, and does operate the barriers at Oxford Road.

If you wanted to depart between 08:26 and 09:27, then a Liverpool to Manchester off-peak return is valid. (£12.10), as the restriction is arrival after 09:30.

It's great to know these things for future reference. Certainly amazing how money can be saved!

For tomorrow, I should be OK to depart after 09:30 thanks, as it happens I've got the week off work, so just doing a few leisurely daytrips.

But if in the future I do need to leave earlier (e.g. if travelling a longer distance), then I'll certainly put your advice to good use.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top