gray1404
Established Member
It has been confirmed this will begin May next year. Anyone any ideas of the timetable and stopping pattern?
Is this an extension of the existing Chester to Liverpool via Runcorn service? At the moment it calls at LSP, Runcorn, Frodsham, Helsby and terminates at Chester. I would assume it would be all stops to Llandudno in the future?It has been confirmed this will begin May next year. Anyone any ideas of the timetable and stopping pattern?
Announced by TFW so would assume so.Is this an extension of the existing Chester to Liverpool via Runcorn service? At the moment it calls at LSP, Runcorn, Frodsham, Helsby and terminates at Chester. I would assume it would be all stops to Llandudno in the future?
Currently, two of these trains start from Wrexham (one actually from Shrewsbury), with one returning to Wrexham in the evening.Is this an extension of the existing Chester to Liverpool via Runcorn service? At the moment it calls at LSP, Runcorn, Frodsham, Helsby and terminates at Chester. I would assume it would be all stops to Llandudno in the future?
I would be surprised if they don't.I am hoping these services will call at Abergele and Pensarn.
True - the Crewe-Chester-Wrexham shuttle might well be a compensation for this going to Llandudno instead.Currently, two of these trains start from Wrexham (one actually from Shrewsbury), with one returning to Wrexham in the evening.
Wrexham will now also get a new hourly shuttle from Chester (starting in December).
It remains to be seen how all this is integrated next May.
The xx47 from Liverpool currently arrives in Chester around xx32, which suggests a departure down the coast around xx35, if they keep the same path.
The Crewe Shuttle is staying separate from the new Chester - Wrexham one.True - the Crewe-Chester-Wrexham shuttle might well be a compensation for this going to Llandudno instead.
Although I was of the view that it would be a double-unit and split - one half to Llanduds, one half to Shrewsbury each hourly - with aims for every 2 hours on to Cardiff. Would be way better for the route as a whole, to try do 2tph total, with a faster pattern potentially.
Not all stations lend themselves to holiday trips. Shotton, for example, is a bit of an ask.So many scousers holiday along the coast, it would be daft to not stop everywhere. They should even open a station at Talacre.
Ah yes 3 hours from Manchester to Llandudno on a coach! As I said, there is also a lot of traffic FROM North Wales (retail, leisure, John Lennon airport etc.)The National Express coaches running this route got scrapped last year due to lack of demand. They filled up at the weekend, but when I used them midweek it was like my own personal chauffeur service.
It'll be interesting to see what level of service TfW run on grim winter weekdays.
True - the Crewe-Chester-Wrexham shuttle might well be a compensation for this going to Llandudno instead.
Although I was of the view that it would be a double-unit and split - one half to Llanduds, one half to Shrewsbury each hourly - with aims for every 2 hours on to Cardiff. Would be way better for the route as a whole, to try do 2tph total, with a faster pattern potentially.
Ah yes 3 hours from Manchester to Llandudno on a coach! As I said, there is also a lot of traffic FROM North Wales (retail, leisure, John Lennon airport etc.)
I have friends in Llandudno who will definitely use the service to reach Liverpool Airport.
I hope it will be operated by more than 2 coaches on Saturdays all year and every day during the summer school holidays….It will also be extremely popular with tourists, I'd think, particularly those going for a day out in Snowdonia or for a bucket and spade day. Sure, it's not hard to do it changing at Chester now, but direct is a very powerful marketing tool.
That is a shame, I had heard it might be threaded together, which would give Wrexham a lot of new options, London, but also for Manchester too. And up the WCML.The Crewe Shuttle is staying separate from the new Chester - Wrexham one.
Shame as it would have made Wrexham - London easier.
That's only supposed to be temporary in the December timetable. The aim is to have it as a through service with the recast in May.The Crewe Shuttle is staying separate from the new Chester - Wrexham one.
Shame as it would have made Wrexham - London easier.
Where did you see that as a direct route to Crewe would be usefulThat's only supposed to be temporary in the December timetable. The aim is to have it as a through service with the recast in May.
The new timetable has binned off the Wrexham - Liverpool directs actuallyThat is a shame, I had heard it might be threaded together, which would give Wrexham a lot of new options, London, but also for Manchester too. And up the WCML.
It opens up Liverpool as a commutable job market too, for the coast and Wrexham (if directs) - especially if there is a faster pattern one day or in the peaks.
I think you will have to change at Chester in January, the through trains from Lime Street to Llandudno are not planned to start until May 2026 - mind you I am not holding my breath!Liverpool to Landudno wioll bring back memories of our holidays in North Wales with Edge Hill Black 5s hauling Lime Street to Llandudno Saturday trains. A day trip in January is in prospect for me.
I think you will have to change at Chester in January, the through trains from Lime Street to Llandudno are not planned to start until May 2026 - mind you I am not holding my breath!
Its been a long outstanding missing link, and an obvious connection for Liverpool. I expect there will also be shopping / theatre / football and concert passengers going the other way too. Your right about direct, people do prefer it.It will also be extremely popular with tourists, I'd think, particularly those going for a day out in Snowdonia or for a bucket and spade day. Sure, it's not hard to do it changing at Chester now, but direct is a very powerful marketing tool.