• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Live map of London buses and river services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
21,194
Location
0035
Yep it's very good. A warning for anyone relying on it to catch a bus though, it seems to be about 1 Min behind reality; a few buses stop right outside where I am now and that site shows them as being 1 Min away (both on the text description and where the red dot is) whereas the Countdown website shows it as 'due' and the bus is physically there.
 

W-on-Sea

Established Member
Joined
18 Dec 2009
Messages
1,450
Hmm, it seems not to always show the actual route that buses take though. Just looking at one route and seeing the red dot indicating a moving bus apparently go through two culs-de-sac and a footpath (yes, the most direct route between two consecutive bus stops on the route - if you go on foot), rather than on the actual through road the buses use...

Indeed - I've seen this, or something like this on three different routes now. The other two cases involving a hail-and-ride section (and the red moving bus shown as taking another, parallel road); and a one-way system, with a red moving bus shown as taking the wrong way around (a fairly extensive) one-way system, on which the bus stops in each direction (on different roads) possibly share common names (taken from the roads that link each side of the one-way system).

So, a good thing, but some fine tuning needed!
 
Last edited:

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
I just saw the 73 cutting right across Soke Newington common. I hope it really didnt :)
 

fgwrich

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
10,658
Location
Hampshire
I just saw the 73 cutting right across Soke Newington common. I hope it really didnt :)

I've just seen LJ62BVE overtaking just about everything else on the 73 down the Pentonville Road. Must be an impressively fast service! :lol:
 

Zoe

Established Member
Joined
22 Aug 2008
Messages
5,905
I'm just looking at the 86 and have noticed that shows all the buses west of Ilford as going to Stratford even if they are heading east. Also does the map always require a manual refresh to get the latest bus positions?
 

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
13,774
Location
Yorkshire
I'm just looking at the 86 and have noticed that shows all the buses west of Ilford as going to Stratford even if they are heading east. Also does the map always require a manual refresh to get the latest bus positions?

On mine buses move around the map.
 

martinsh

Established Member
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Messages
1,766
Location
Considering a move to Memphis
How do I stop the map from filling the whole screen ? [ It means I can't select another route ] I've tried altering the screen resolution, but that doesn't work
 

Zoe

Established Member
Joined
22 Aug 2008
Messages
5,905
On mine buses move around the map.
Strange, the buses do not move when I look at the map and also I can no longer see moving trains on the tube map on the same site when a few days ago I could. No issue with other live sites like opentraintimes or flightradar24 though.
 

Zoe

Established Member
Joined
22 Aug 2008
Messages
5,905
Strange, the buses do not move when I look at the map and also I can no longer see moving trains on the tube map on the same site when a few days ago I could. No issue with other live sites like opentraintimes or flightradar24 though.
After looking into this further I can see that the map does periodically update but there are no moving buses, just fixed positions updated periodically. I have tried three different browsers and still can't get the map to show moving buses.
 
Last edited:

Lrd

Established Member
Joined
26 Jul 2010
Messages
3,018
It appears from the map that HS2 has already been built.... look at Euston station on zoom...
It doesn't get very far out of the station though :(

The map looks like a standard Open Street Map so someone had a bit of fun adding that tag.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top