• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Little South Eastern train lost on the Big Railway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGV

Member
Joined
25 Nov 2005
Messages
734
Location
320km/h Voie Libre
Was taking a walk today and this rolled past. It's the ECML near Peterborough, and the consist is heading North. I guessed it was heading to Doncaster for some kind of heavy work or modification, but if someone here knows for sure it would satisfy my curiosity.

I was taking wildlife photos at the time so it's not from perhaps the best angle as I was trying to lay low.
 

Attachments

  • GBRF 66 pulling South Eastern set.jpg
    GBRF 66 pulling South Eastern set.jpg
    608.7 KB · Views: 231
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
23 May 2009
Messages
3,400
Location
Bedford
I should imagine it's going to Doncaster to be repainted/refurbished :)
 

Boothby97

Established Member
Joined
24 Apr 2011
Messages
1,753
Location
Cleethorpes
It's a Class 466, One heads evey week to Wolverton and one every week to Doncaster Wabtec. I think it's Sunday Slade Green-Doncaster and Friday Doncaster-Slade Green. GBRf provide traction (shown in above photo) and it heads there for overhaul and repaint.
 

pendolino

Member
Joined
22 Nov 2010
Messages
737
Conington.

I thought it was somewhere round Woodwalton/Abbots Ripton/Wennington; I was only a mile or two out!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It's a Class 466, One heads evey week to Wolverton and one every week to Doncaster Wabtec. I think it's Sunday Slade Green-Doncaster and Friday Doncaster-Slade Green. GBRf provide traction (shown in above photo) and it heads there for overhaul and repaint.

Do they go via Willesden Jct? I think I saw one there a few months back.
 

Boothby97

Established Member
Joined
24 Apr 2011
Messages
1,753
Location
Cleethorpes
I thought it was somewhere round Woodwalton/Abbots Ripton/Wennington; I was only a mile or two out!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


Do they go via Willesden Jct? I think I saw one there a few months back.

I know the Slade Green-Wembley-Wolverton does, maybe the Doncaster one does.
 

Jonny

Established Member
Joined
10 Feb 2011
Messages
2,577
I thought it was somewhere round Woodwalton/Abbots Ripton/Wennington; I was only a mile or two out!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


Do they go via Willesden Jct? I think I saw one there a few months back.

Out of sheer curiosity, could they even get through on the Thameslink or ELL routes?
 

A-driver

Established Member
Joined
9 May 2011
Messages
4,482
May be wrong but I dint think diesel traction is cleared on the thameslink due to ventilation at city and st panc. I know it's like that at Victoria south central side as that is also underground. Plus the TL is gridlocked with the normal 8 trains an hour without trying to get specials through there!
 

Benno

Member
Joined
28 Apr 2010
Messages
199
It was 5X89 11.31 Slade Green - Doncaster Wabtec.

The route taken was Crayford, Sidcup, Hither Green, Nunhead, Denmark Hill, Kensington Olympia, Willesden Junction , West Hampstead, Gospel Oak, Harringay, Alexander Palace & ECML to Doncaster
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top