• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

List of PERTIS Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trivran

Member
Joined
23 Apr 2012
Messages
194
Last time I went Denham Golf Club had one, though I believe that was in 2011.
 

QueensCurve

Established Member
Joined
22 Dec 2014
Messages
2,203
Managed to spy one at Stone in Staffordshire - so of course - I put 20p in it to get a ticket

This one.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • _CSC3439 - Copy.jpg
    _CSC3439 - Copy.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 84

GW43125

Established Member
Joined
8 Dec 2014
Messages
2,313
I think there is one at Longcross?

A friend of mine got one from there last week.

I also have one from Southall dated 23/05/16 and I recall seeing one at West Ealing around a similar date, but I'm not sure if either still work.

Now I think of it, I'm pretty sure I saw one at Olton last October but can't remember if it still works.
 
Last edited:
Joined
9 Apr 2016
Messages
1,909
Warnham has one, or it did when I last visited in '09.

The PERTIS at Newhaven Harbour no longer works, tried to purchase one and it refunded my 5p. I'm sure that one of the Worthing stations has one.

Warnham used to have two but only has one now. The one remaining one has been broken since about 2010 (it has a coin jam). I think Southern have forgotten about it.

Newhaven Harbour still has two of them. They were both fully working when i last went a few days ago. The reason it probably wasnt working for you is because you put a newer 5p in it. PERTIS machines only accept the old style 5p coins (before the new design was introduced around 2007 or 2008).

East Worthing is the only Worthing station that still has one.
 
Joined
9 Apr 2016
Messages
1,909
North Dulwich and East Dulwich stations have them.

North Dulwich does indeed still have one but it is electrically dead and no longer works. East Dulwich does not have one any more though (it was removed over a year ago).
 

MattK

Member
Joined
29 Oct 2016
Messages
12
Location
Portsmouth
Redbridge
Beaulieu Road
Longcross
Millbrook

I believe one other SWT station still has one as well. They're the newer style car parking machine type, and seem pretty reliable.
 
Joined
9 Apr 2016
Messages
1,909
The one at Ashurst (Kent) has been replaced recently

Yes Ashurst in Kent did indeed use to have one (AS89 05672) but it has now been replaced by a Scheidt & Bachmann ST21 card only TVM which is a very bad decision as it means that there are no longer any cash facilities at the station. And Cowden and Hever use to have one each as well.
 
Joined
9 Apr 2016
Messages
1,909
Redbridge
Beaulieu Road
Longcross
Millbrook

I believe one other SWT station still has one as well. They're the newer style car parking machine type, and seem pretty reliable.

Holton Heath is the one station you missed out.

The full list is:

• Beaulieu Road
• Holton Heath
• Longcross
• Millbrook
• Redbridge

The newer Metric Aura ones are quite reliable compared to other machines. Apart from Beaulieu Road being out of use for eight months (but it has now been fixed) i havent seen many problems with them. Both Millbrook and Redbridge are on their second machines though as the first ones were broken in to and damaged beyond repair.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top