• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lights on Front of Trains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DepotCat

Member
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
10
Why didn't you approach your union rep if feel that strongly about it, I find some units with lights that are too bright but never lost sight of any signals as 99% of them are on the left hand side, so to be honest you were looking at the headlight and not the signal

No no - I was NOT looking out of the front window because I was being dazzled by the headlight of the train on the opposite running line...Therefore I was NOT looking at the signal or the headlight...I thought I made that quite clear...:cry:
Just to make you happy...only the other day, when it was dark, I ran into a station on the down while a train approached on the up main line...on the left hand side at this point. So the headlight of the approaching train is pointing in the right direction towards the cess and straight into my forward vision. I'm trying to stop at the right *car mark and also a red light at the end of a platform and I am not able to look forward...Not very safe.
As was pointed out before...headlights are NOT for train drivers to see forward and do not need to be as bright as they are at night time.
The union is aware of my complaints.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

boing_uk

Member
Joined
18 May 2009
Messages
619
Location
Blackburn
On the flip side, yesterdays 09:54 Preston - York sauntered in to the station with NO lights on the front carriage at all, either interally or externally.

Departed late after being sat in P2 for about 5 mins with the engines running full tilt.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top