StormySallow
On Moderation
Recently I was travelling from London to Birmingham. I had purchased a ticket from Trainline which was for a West Midlands Railway train, but had not realised that it would not be valid on trains by other companies (I do not travel by train very often), so boarded the next train which happened to be an Avanti West Coast train. The ticket inspector gave me an unpaid fare notice, but I gave completely false details to her. It was very stupid of me and I'm not sure why I did it - possibly out of embarrassment at my mistake (though that is no excuse). I also didn't realise at the time how serious this was.
I paid the unpaid fare notice off later that day. Should I now be concerned about a potential prosecution? They would have all my details from when they scanned my ticket.
I paid the unpaid fare notice off later that day. Should I now be concerned about a potential prosecution? They would have all my details from when they scanned my ticket.