Hi All,
I really hope you can help.
The scenario is... we ran for the train and got on it, hoping that the inspector would come round on the train and we would just buy a ticket from him. The inspector never came and when we got to the barriers at Snow Hill station we went to buy a ticket from the booth.
STUPIDLY!! I decided to lie about where we were travelling from, in order to get a cheaper ticket. The person on the desk clocked onto this, I told the truth when she asked again. I was questioned under caution and then told I would receive a letter in the post.
Does anyone know the usual outcome of this? This is a first offence, no criminal record or even parking fines.
If it makes a difference, it was a London Midland Train. The difference in station was about £2.00 if that, stupid I know.
Your responses are very much appreciated!
Kind regards,
Emma
I really hope you can help.
The scenario is... we ran for the train and got on it, hoping that the inspector would come round on the train and we would just buy a ticket from him. The inspector never came and when we got to the barriers at Snow Hill station we went to buy a ticket from the booth.
STUPIDLY!! I decided to lie about where we were travelling from, in order to get a cheaper ticket. The person on the desk clocked onto this, I told the truth when she asked again. I was questioned under caution and then told I would receive a letter in the post.
Does anyone know the usual outcome of this? This is a first offence, no criminal record or even parking fines.
If it makes a difference, it was a London Midland Train. The difference in station was about £2.00 if that, stupid I know.
Your responses are very much appreciated!
Kind regards,
Emma