BiggestDog
New Member
Hello,
The facts are that
- traveled from Milton Keynes central to Warrington Bank Quay
- my friend bought my ticket
- was not aware I need a railcard for this journey as tickets had not been checked at all
- when leaving bank quay a member of staff asked to see our rail cards
- I checked my wallet to see if my old previous student rail card was there which I was unsure of if it was still valid as I don’t frequently use trains. I have now checked and i expired 2 years ago
- told the member of staff that I had forgotten my rail card and he subsequently gave me a travel incident report
- I have now bought a online rail card due to this mistake that my friend is suggestion I submit this to them even though it is not valid during this date as he has successfully gotten of like this before
What should I do and how likely will this just be a formal process in which I can just pay the approx 200 quid and be done with this without any criminal record?
The facts are that
- traveled from Milton Keynes central to Warrington Bank Quay
- my friend bought my ticket
- was not aware I need a railcard for this journey as tickets had not been checked at all
- when leaving bank quay a member of staff asked to see our rail cards
- I checked my wallet to see if my old previous student rail card was there which I was unsure of if it was still valid as I don’t frequently use trains. I have now checked and i expired 2 years ago
- told the member of staff that I had forgotten my rail card and he subsequently gave me a travel incident report
- I have now bought a online rail card due to this mistake that my friend is suggestion I submit this to them even though it is not valid during this date as he has successfully gotten of like this before
What should I do and how likely will this just be a formal process in which I can just pay the approx 200 quid and be done with this without any criminal record?