osmosis2025
Member
Hi there,
Back in October I was caught without a valid rail card and received a letter dated 31st December. I have been away and opened the letter yesterday, and need to send this response asap. I have read through all the super helpful advice and I wanted to ask, if I should include some specific context parts to help my case or just follow the template. My 26-30 railcard had expired in October 2023. I was travelling in October 2024 when caught.
1) I had travelled between stratford and farringdon on the Lizzie line using a contactless card, and bought a ticket on trainline between farringdon and gatwick airport because I was unsure if contactless is a valid ticket and ironically my need to do the right thing made me purchase a ticket.
2) I had made a journey previously on the trains in November 2023, and I believed I had renewed my railcard but since looking through my bank statements and emails, it has now become apparent only my purchase of my mum's senior railcard had gone through.
3) when the officer asked me to show my railcard, I confidently presented it to him completely missing that it said 2023. When he pointed it out, I immediately clicked renew to rectify.
Should I include these 3 parts of context to help my case?
Thanks in advance
Back in October I was caught without a valid rail card and received a letter dated 31st December. I have been away and opened the letter yesterday, and need to send this response asap. I have read through all the super helpful advice and I wanted to ask, if I should include some specific context parts to help my case or just follow the template. My 26-30 railcard had expired in October 2023. I was travelling in October 2024 when caught.
1) I had travelled between stratford and farringdon on the Lizzie line using a contactless card, and bought a ticket on trainline between farringdon and gatwick airport because I was unsure if contactless is a valid ticket and ironically my need to do the right thing made me purchase a ticket.
2) I had made a journey previously on the trains in November 2023, and I believed I had renewed my railcard but since looking through my bank statements and emails, it has now become apparent only my purchase of my mum's senior railcard had gone through.
3) when the officer asked me to show my railcard, I confidently presented it to him completely missing that it said 2023. When he pointed it out, I immediately clicked renew to rectify.
Should I include these 3 parts of context to help my case?
Thanks in advance