• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leicester-Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
Guys,

Fares enquiry as above as I'm bit busy at the mo to play around with Avantix and websites.

Out Sat 29th - after 1400
Rtn Sun 30th - any time not too late prefererrably

1 Y-P and 1 ordinary fare-payer.

Both flexible and AP tickets considered.

Many thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lampshade

Established Member
Joined
3 Sep 2009
Messages
3,777
Location
South London
I've checked out the AP tickets and it looks as if there isn't a huge amount of difference between them and a SVR price wise, personally I would pay the extra for the flexibility.

1 SVR w/ Y-P: £25.15
1 SVR w/o Y-P: £38.10
 

323235

Established Member
Joined
8 Dec 2007
Messages
2,127
Location
North East Cheshire
Manchester - Tutbury & Hatton Off Peak Return £15.60/£10.30
Tutbury - Leicester Off Peak Return £15.40/£10.15

Total £51.45
 

323235

Established Member
Joined
8 Dec 2007
Messages
2,127
Location
North East Cheshire
Depends if the OP's priority is speed, if not and they liked the route then it would be an option.

I personally wouldn't do it, especially as Stoke-Derby can get very busy with a Skateboard.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
My housemate says no to any 15x stock unless absolutely necessary. He has a 'phobia' he likes me to mention. ;) I'm also not high on the 158 on the Norwich-Liverpool line as they can get busy especially on Saturdays between Nottingham and Sheffield.

Any idea along WCML and using LM's 50% offer? Time is not of essence as long as the number of changes is limited to a maximum of 5. I would personally love to enjoy a scenic ride however my housemate is less than keen on the idea of dragging his suitcase up and down the corridors of a train constantly.
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,292
The most scenic route into Manchester is probably the Hope Valley, which can be done by going
LEI - SHF (EM)
SHF - MAN (TP 170/185 or EM 158)
 

DJ737

Member
Joined
15 Nov 2009
Messages
364
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Hi there

Forgive me I'm an idiot, didn't read the OP properly :oops:

Returning the next day means double wayfarers, forget that idea.

It's the $2.09 bottles of Chardonnay that made me do it. :lol:

Cheers
DJ737
Melbourne, Australia
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
It's the $2.09 bottles of Chardonnay that made me do it. :lol:

Consider yourself lucky that you can buy wines THAT cheap in Oz land ;)

Anyway I think I found a solution to the problem.

Leicester-Lichfield Trent Valley SVR
Lichfield Trent Valley-Stoke on Trent SVR LM 50% Off
Stoke on Trent-Manchester Pic SVR VT Only

:lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top