Hey guys, I'm a placement student just about to start my new job on the 2nd of august.
I need a season ticket between Leicester and London (Inc tube) I've had a look at the EMT site and its £7736...
A few Questions I have...
1) How do EMT think I am going to pay £7736 in one lump sum? I am a student
, I cant believe they cant just tie me in to a 12 month contract and let me pay the whole amount over 12 months...( I am aware there is a monthly option but this costs £2k+ more than the 12 month option)
2) Why on the national rail site does it say, I will get zones 1-6 with my season ticket, yet EMT site says 1,2,5,6?
3) How long does it take to order a season ticket? can I purchase one at Leicester RailWay station? ( I start work 2nd of August, I already have a rail card So I believe they already have my picture)
4) Also does anyone know what payment methods EMT take except Card?
Can I pay by cheque?
Thank you for all the help
I need a season ticket between Leicester and London (Inc tube) I've had a look at the EMT site and its £7736...
A few Questions I have...
1) How do EMT think I am going to pay £7736 in one lump sum? I am a student
2) Why on the national rail site does it say, I will get zones 1-6 with my season ticket, yet EMT site says 1,2,5,6?
3) How long does it take to order a season ticket? can I purchase one at Leicester RailWay station? ( I start work 2nd of August, I already have a rail card So I believe they already have my picture)
4) Also does anyone know what payment methods EMT take except Card?
Can I pay by cheque?
Thank you for all the help
Last edited:
Most working people wouldn't consider paying that much to get to work. Sharing a flat in London may be cheaper.