• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lee's rail trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgirdlestone

Member
Joined
23 Oct 2016
Messages
5
Location
Stevenage
I will jump on the popular bandwagon and start this thread to log all my future trip plans and reports.
I have a handful of reports to put up but am concentrating on an upcoming trip I am doing this weekend.
I have not been rail enthusiasting in Scotland yet so I am going to change that. I will be getting an hst from Kings cross to Edinburgh on Sunday, staying g in Edinburgh Sunday night going to Glasgow Monday morning then to Carlisle on Monday evening staying overnight and getting a train back to London about 4pm Monday afternoon.
It will probably be a trip based around sightings/photography more than haulage as there is a lot I have to tick off up there and then I will go back next year sometime ( probably when it's warmer/lighter) and start getting some lines and units for haulage.

Best regards.
Lee
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dave87016

Established Member
Joined
9 Dec 2008
Messages
1,888
Location
Lancashire
Enjoy your trip Lee if your going standard class then Kings X to Edinburgh might be worth the weekend upgrade to first class on VTEC
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,424
Location
Yorkshire
Enjoy your trip Lee if your going standard class then Kings X to Edinburgh might be worth the weekend upgrade to first class on VTEC
I'm not sure it's worth the £25, unless you have a large budget. If travelling alone on a busy train, it may be worth it if it means you get an individual seat compared to bring wedged into Standard next to someone you don't know.

I think the most I paid was about £20 on CrossCountry for Glasgow to Penzance, but that was partially to be right next to the Valenta power car leading the train, so in my view that was worth it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top