• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds/Manchester Conductor Vacancies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

solus85

Member
Joined
2 Dec 2012
Messages
24
Hi Andy. Sorry for the late reply. Only just seen your pm mate. No i havent heard anything so far and with the vacancy going up again, not sure if thats a good thing?

Least we know they have a course date sorted, well hopefully we do. Are you going to ask to be considered for Leeds? Only been waiting two months and already seems like a life time so god knows how it must feel for you.

Cheers

Solus85
 

Andrew32

Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
492
HI solus

There stocking up on numbers at both depots and there's a course every two months, next Skipton one is August.

Left you a pm

Andy
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
These went on late yesterday afternoon as I keep checking the site for updates on my driver app and didn't see them in the morning
 

Andrew32

Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
492
Yes, tried to apply for Manchester but couldn't due to Skipton vacancy still be live.
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Shame because if I was to receive news I'd failed my stage 2 I'd go for this but it's probably gonna be down before I hear back
 

Andrew32

Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
492
Well keep believing mate and good luck
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just out of interest, what time do training courses start and do you need to sign on at your depot before going to the training centre?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just noticed there's a closing date on these applications now, been told that im going to be considered for Manchester aswell as Skipton.

Are there many positions going at Vic and when is the next planned course?
 

hughavinalaf

Member
Joined
19 Feb 2014
Messages
152
Anybody hear anything back from this application? Applied for Leeds myself.

Hi mate,i don't know about Leeds applications,however,i successfully applied for,and have secured,a Manchester vacancy.

Did you not receive any correspondence after submitting your application?
 

garageflower

Member
Joined
12 May 2014
Messages
66
The application closed 25/02/14, and I had an email 04/04/14...

'Thank you for your recent application for Y2014/27 Trainee (Shifts) Conductor Leeds.

Due to the volume of applications received for this vacancy the sift is taking longer than anticipated. We will update you with the outcome of this stage once it has been completed.

We thank you for your patience and continued interest in North Rail.

Kind regards
The Recruitment Team'

It's been another month since then, reckon I should phone the contact number or from anyone elses experience is it normal for this process to be drawn out.

Cheers.
 

hughavinalaf

Member
Joined
19 Feb 2014
Messages
152
It could be that they have concentrated their efforts on filling the Manchester vacancies first? They may well be in the process of starting on Leeds now?

I found Northern recruitment to be very professional,i'm sure you will get a reply when they are ready.
 

garageflower

Member
Joined
12 May 2014
Messages
66
It could be that they have concentrated their efforts on filling the Manchester vacancies first? They may well be in the process of starting on Leeds now?

I found Northern recruitment to be very professional,i'm sure you will get a reply when they are ready.
Thanks and congratulations on the successful application
 

Andrew32

Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
492
A conductor course started at Leeds today which had the last Successful October candidates for Leeds on it.

The next course is scheduled for Monday 4th August which is 12 weeks away, it took them 8 weeks from application to psychometric test results with me so I would assume that you may hear something soon.

The October applicats talent pool/interview scores run out tomorrow so they will have to restock the pool.

I'm being considered for the 4th August course for Skipton Conductor after January interview.

Pop them another email

Andy
 

87019Chris

Member
Joined
21 Jun 2010
Messages
339
Location
Brad(t)ford
I applied for this too, and I had the email that garageflower got a while back cant remember exactly when, but today I have just received the same email again, anyone else got anything for this yet or just the same email?
Good Luck to everyone else who's waiting to hear back!
Chris
 

garageflower

Member
Joined
12 May 2014
Messages
66
I applied for this too, and I had the email that garageflower got a while back cant remember exactly when, but today I have just received the same email again, anyone else got anything for this yet or just the same email?
Good Luck to everyone else who's waiting to hear back!
Chris

Had the same email yesterday mate! Really dragging on now
 

87019Chris

Member
Joined
21 Jun 2010
Messages
339
Location
Brad(t)ford
Had the same email yesterday mate! Really dragging on now

I'm starting to wonder if they just don't want to reject me for the umpteenth time :oops: :cry:
I'm sure they are doing something, it would be interesting to just how many people applied for this job?
I don't believe that they rush through the applications as they like to actually read them hence the time period as the last time I progressed through it took a while, but as they say good things come to those who wait....
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
There's a lot of people in the pool so they may have enough in it FOR NOW
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top