• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds Bradford Bus advances to York

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightbulb

Member
Joined
15 May 2010
Messages
452
Hello all,

I'm organising travel to a conference in Bishop Burton in a few weeks, and one person (in the USA) will be travelling from Leeds Bradford Airport. BRFares shows through Advance singles (only) between Leeds Bradford Airport Bus (presumably valid on the 757 bus to Leeds) and York, a fare which is set by, and only valid on, TPE trains. I've tried to get the tickets to show on the TPE website, but it says "no fares available". I've done the live chat with TPE, but to no avail. There are no walk-on fares available, so the tickets have to be booked in advance. Outward travel is on 24th July, departing at 1030. Does anyone have any ideas how to get these tickets?

http://www.brfares.com/#expert?orig=XLB&dest=YRK
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2010
Messages
5,504
Location
Somewhere between WY372 and MV7

lightbulb

Member
Joined
15 May 2010
Messages
452
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/XLB/2018/07/11/0200-0159?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Looks like it is not available as nobody has put the bus times into the railway database.

If TPE set the fare I guess they might be the ones responsible for putting the times in, so chase them up for that?

If not you might not have much luck, as I don't think there's a way round it if there are no times.


Ah, thank you. So what might my chances be if I went to a station and bought the tickets on behalf of the person travelling?
 

causton

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2010
Messages
5,504
Location
Somewhere between WY372 and MV7
Ah, thank you. So what might my chances be if I went to a station and bought the tickets on behalf of the person travelling?

I can't check as I'm not at work at the moment, but as Advance tickets are tied to specific times and you need to select an itinerary to make the reservations as appropriate, if the bus times are missing I don't think any journeys will show up and therefore the ticket won't be able to be issued.
 

lightbulb

Member
Joined
15 May 2010
Messages
452
I can't check as I'm not at work at the moment, but as Advance tickets are tied to specific times and you need to select an itinerary to make the reservations as appropriate, if the bus times are missing I don't think any journeys will show up and therefore the ticket won't be able to be issued.

I was hoping that as the buses are non-reservable, and some of the trains are, that the train times alone would be sufficient. But maybe not...
 

causton

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2010
Messages
5,504
Location
Somewhere between WY372 and MV7
I was hoping that as the buses are non-reservable, and some of the trains are, that the train times alone would be sufficient. But maybe not...

Unfortunately, as Advances are tied to specific trains...

For example, if I tried to issue an Advance for a Sunday to somewhere with no Sunday service, it obviously would be a bad thing to issue it, and so the system says "There aren't any journeys to this place on that day, so you can't book an Advance".

The system is not smart enough to tell the difference between that (where there is supposed to be no journeys that show up) or there should be journeys that show up but the times are missing.
 

Romilly

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2013
Messages
1,712
On the LNER (and maybe on other sites), you can book a Leeds-York advance, and add on a Leeds plusbus for an extra £2.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top