• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Latour de Carol to Nuria via Ribas/Ribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian99

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2009
Messages
345
I've been looking at the timetable on DB Navigator and the one on the Vall de Nuria website.

The arrival at Ribas de Freser from Latour de Carol seems to be 0936hrs with the departing train to Nuria from Ribes Enllac at 0940.

Does anyone know if these are the same stations - can one buy tickets on the Nuria train?

Seems a poorly planned connection but might be designed to connect with the trains from Barcelona I suppose.

Also, whilst I'm asking - are there any tea/coffee/breakfast facilities at Latour de Carol?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Had the following reply back from the Vall de Nuria tourist people:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <informacio@valldenuria.cat>
Date: 2014-05-19 13:36 GMT+01:00
Subject: RE: Formulari de contacte - Vall de Nuria
To: ian@...

Hello,

The train from La Tour de Carol depens on the Renfe company. If it arribes on time, you can catch our 9:40hrs train.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
And then regarding buying tickets on the train:


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <informacio@valldenuria.cat>
Date: 2014-05-19 16:22 GMT+01:00
Subject: RE: Formulari de contacte - Vall de Nuria
To: ian@vincenthomes.co.uk


When you arrive to the train, please ask the manager if you have enough time to buy the tickets and he/she will look for the best solution.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PhilipF

Member
Joined
22 Feb 2013
Messages
39
Location
Bradford-on-Avon
We've only visited Latour de Carol via the "yellow train" from Perpignan. No, we could not find any where for refreshment. I got the feeling that there was a really poor service on the main line into France from Spain. Why not try your trip from the Spanish side of the border?
Philip
 

nw1

Established Member
Joined
9 Aug 2013
Messages
9,430
I've been looking at the timetable on DB Navigator and the one on the Vall de Nuria website.

The arrival at Ribas de Freser from Latour de Carol seems to be 0936hrs with the departing train to Nuria from Ribes Enllac at 0940.

Does anyone know if these are the same stations - can one buy tickets on the Nuria train?

Seems a poorly planned connection but might be designed to connect with the trains from Barcelona I suppose.

Also, whilst I'm asking - are there any tea/coffee/breakfast facilities at Latour de Carol?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Had the following reply back from the Vall de Nuria tourist people:


--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
And then regarding buying tickets on the train:

I went there in 2010, though was coming from the Barcelona direction.
I *think* the two Ribes stations were practically adjacent to each other.

This is supported by the map:
http://www.opencyclemap.org/?zoom=16&lat=42.29812&lon=2.16761&layers=B000

Not sure about buying tickets on the train, I think there was a ticket office if I remember right. 4 minutes seems a bit tight, that said the Nuria train ran pretty frequently IIRC (hourly, possibly more frequently...) Main issue is the last one back from Nuria was relatively early, 1800 or so.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top