• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Last two Avanti trains from Euston to Birmingham next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKB

Member
Joined
15 Oct 2008
Messages
666
At no point have Avanti released any Advance tickets for the Euston departures to Birmingham at 22:30 and 23:30 (23:22 on Monday) in the coming week.

The schedules during the engineering works next week were firmed up several days ago, and these two trains are generally quite lightly loaded and usually near empty in Standard Premium and First. They are not even selling Standard Premium.

Is this an error that they've not spotted or deliberate policy? I need to catch these trains on Monday and Thursday, and I'm a bit annoyed that I've got to pay for a flexible ticket when I don't need flexibibility.

EDIT: It seems I can't even book flexible tickets. These two trains simply haven't been put on sale. This is crazy with less than 48 hours to go. I am worried now that these trains are not going to run, despite showing up in the booking engines for weeks, and I'm going to be stranded in London.

14:16 UPDATE:
...and, as if by magic, those trains have become bookable. I wonder if someone at Avanti is monitoring this board?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top