• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lapford station in N gauge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,324
Location
Glasgow
I could definitely keep going with it if I had the space. :lol:

In other news the Lesser Spotted Steve Flint (im what was on the telly) has been round at mine today doing a photo shoot for the railway to appear in Railway Modeller magazine in the not too distant future.
Look here he is!

View attachment 103171

He really put a lot of effort into getting everything right and I must say that he’s an absolutely lovely guy.
Tomorrow morning I’ll be over at my friend Paul’s house where Steve’s going to be shooting his railway too.
N gauge takeover! ;)
The top man himself, eh?

Next you'll be having Her Maj round for tea ;)

Really nice to hear you're getting featured in RM, if that doesn't speak towards the quality of what you've achieved I don't know what does.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2018
Messages
4,739
Location
GWR land
I'm sure it will all be worth it when your layout is world famous :D
I thought it already was? ;)

The top man himself, eh?

Next you'll be having Her Maj round for tea ;)

Really nice to hear you're getting featured in RM, if that doesn't speak towards the quality of what you've achieved I don't know what does.
And there was me thinking Liz popped around to Lapford on a regular basis...

-Peter
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,944
Location
Devon
:lol: I had to ban Liz because she kept asking why none of my locos were named after members of her family…
 

Peter C

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2018
Messages
4,739
Location
GWR land
:lol: I had to ban Liz because she kept asking why none of my locos were named after members of her family…
:lol: :lol:
Oldmoor being in the Cotswolds, Jeremy Clarkson's always popping round. He wants to know why there are so many of these stupid train things lying about...

-Peter
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,944
Location
Devon
“Honest, I was just looking after it in case someone tried to nick it officer”…

AEA07A1A-37C1-44A4-A3C8-FCB7E4B6DACE.jpeg


Looks like Wayne’s in trouble again…
 

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,324
Location
Glasgow
“Honest, I was just looking after it in case someone tried to nick it officer”…

View attachment 103204


Looks like Wayne’s in trouble again…
Brilliant cameo scene, reminds me of another favourite layout of mine - Waverley West, where the owner makes a great thing of staging photos. Though he's more a 'speed freak' than a cameo stager.
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,944
Location
Devon
Brilliant cameo scene, reminds me of another favourite layout of mine - Waverley West, where the owner makes a great thing of staging photos. Though he's more a 'speed freak' than a cameo stager.

That’s an amazing layout isn’t it? It captures what I remember from the first time I went to the real place in the 1980s.
 

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,324
Location
Glasgow
That’s an amazing layout isn’t it? It captures what I remember from the first time I went to the real place in the 1980s.
It truly is, if I could only pick one single layout as a favourite it would be Waverley West. (No offence @Cowley 8-) )

Dave has quite a touch with his camera too.
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,944
Location
Devon
It truly is, if I could only pick one single layout as a favourite it would be Waverley West. (No offence @Cowley 8-) )

Dave has quite a touch with his camera too.

No offence taken. I think I’d sell my granny to own that. :)
 

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Joined
17 Mar 2014
Messages
4,222
Location
Stockport
You just have to love the humour that abounds in this thread :lol:

May I add my congratulations regarding the upcoming RM article featuring your superb layout Mr C, I’m just hoping you won’t let all this fame and publicity go to your head though?



;)
 

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,324
Location
Glasgow
No offence taken. I think I’d sell my granny to own that. :)
Tut tut ;)

Poor Granny... <D


You just have to love the humour that abounds in this thread :lol:
Always good to brighten the day


May I add my congratulations regarding the upcoming RM article featuring your superb layout Mr C, I’m just hoping you won’t let all this fame and publicity go to your head though?
When he starts hosting poker nights with Chris Leigh, Ben Jones and Steve Flint - then its time for an intervention ;)
 

Peter C

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2018
Messages
4,739
Location
GWR land
No unfortunately. But I could borrow someone else’s?
Mrs Miggins isn't doing a lot these days (well definitely not after drinking so much). But I'm not sure she qualifies as a grandmother, not having any kids?

When he starts hosting poker nights with Chris Leigh, Ben Jones and Steve Flint - then its time for an intervention ;)
I can imagine the scenes on BBC Four right now - when we see @Cowley and Tim Dunn bumbling about the south-west, we'll know to have a word... ;)

-Peter
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,944
Location
Devon
You just have to love the humour that abounds in this thread :lol:

May I add my congratulations regarding the upcoming RM article featuring your superb layout Mr C, I’m just hoping you won’t let all this fame and publicity go to your head though?



;)

Thanks Mr Bridge. I’m starting to feel like I know my local branchline almost as well as you now.;)


When he starts hosting poker nights with Chris Leigh, Ben Jones and Steve Flint - then its time for an intervention ;)

I reckon Steve Flint would have a good poker face you know?


I can imagine the scenes on BBC Four right now - when we see @Cowley and Tim Dunn bumbling about the south-west, we'll know to have a word... ;)

-Peter

I could do with a new career, especially since I had a haircut on Sunday ready for the shoot (Mrs C said it was probably time for the biannual trim ;)).
So another four hours shooting Paul’s railway today. Completely different as there was no pressure on me this time. It looks like mine will be going in around springtime and Paul’s will be in the magazine sometime around Christmas (damn him and his silly snow!).

Look it’s the man himself and me (that actually is me after a haircut by the way).
2C89EE7C-BB6F-4564-B5BF-4FB7D25B1A04.jpeg
 

Peter C

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2018
Messages
4,739
Location
GWR land
I could do with a new career, especially since I had a haircut on Sunday ready for the shoot (Mrs C said it was probably time for the biannual trim ;)).
I'm trying to think of what career might be next. "The Architecture the N-Gauge Railways Built"? "Secrets of (the London) Under the baseboard (-ground)"?
I'll get my coat...

So another four hours shooting Paul’s railway today. Completely different as there was no pressure on me this time. It looks like mine will be going in around springtime and Paul’s will be in the magazine sometime around Christmas (damn him and his silly snow!).
Ah now you mention the snow I think I know which layout you mean. Up there with Lapford on the list of "super N-gauge layouts" I think. ;)

Look it’s the man himself and me (that actually is me after a haircut by the way).
View attachment 103231
Nice to be able to put a name to a face. Also highlights how much smaller that layout is than I thought it would be from the photos you've shared!

-Peter
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,944
Location
Devon
Were you stood on a box for that pic mate? ;)

He wanted a photo for the article and made me move because all the signs were right behind my head.
You get your money’s worth out of a tall painter you know… ;)
 

Peter C

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2018
Messages
4,739
Location
GWR land
He wanted a photo for the article and made me move because all the signs were right behind my head.
You get your money’s worth out of a tall painter you know… ;)
I could moan all day about being tall and having to do all sorts of things where people can't reach. Shelves, cupboards - the lot. :D

-Peter
 

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,324
Location
Glasgow
Indeed! I’m thinking that we will have to keep a close eye on him from now on @hexagon789 ;)
:lol:

I can imagine the scenes on BBC Four right now - when we see @Cowley and Tim Dunn bumbling about the south-west, we'll know to have a word... ;)
Hey, that would make a great series though. Tim Dunn and Cowley on a model railway/architecture series...


I reckon Steve Flint would have a good poker face you know?
If he's anything like he seemed in the Great Model Railway Challenge series, I imagine he does!

I'm sure he's a perfectly nice chap, but he seems a bit stern will we say at first impressions.

I'm trying to think of what career might be next. "The Architecture the N-Gauge Railways Built"? "Secrets of (the London) Under the baseboard (-ground)"?
I'll get my coat...
That's exactly what I was thinking along the lines of!
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,944
Location
Devon
If he's anything like he seemed in the Great Model Railway Challenge series, I imagine he does!
I'm sure he's a perfectly nice chap, but he seems a bit stern will we say at first impressions.
He’s really not like that at all when you meet him. There’s definitely a bit of TV making a persona up for him to fit in with the narrative (and to be fair it worked well). We had a right chuckle over the last couple of days and he was genuinely lovely and really took a huge amount of pride in what he was doing.
It was really interesting talking to him about the TV show and just his life generally I must say. It felt like quite an honour really. :)
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,944
Location
Devon
Well yesterday I spent about three hours making a 13 minute video of the railway for YouTube which I couldn’t save due to the lack of storage on my phone.
I then proceeded to wipe it off by mistake (I’ve already bitterly complained to @Iskra and @Peter C about this ;)).

Anyway, second bite and another three hours (including some outtakes that really wouldn’t pass the forum swear filter!) and this was the result:


I mean if you’ve got a spare fourteen minutes this’ll give you a proper overview of the whole layout that’ll probably make more sense than the various photos I’ve posted over the last couple of years.
Over and out. ;)
 

reddragon

Established Member
Joined
24 Mar 2016
Messages
3,274
Location
Churn (closed)
I have just spent a whole 14 minutes of my life watching your video . . . . . .

Impressed how much you have got in and how you split the 3 sections, a very good layout by all means!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top