• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Langley Oil terminal and Colnbrook Logistics Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubeman

Member
Joined
19 Mar 2011
Messages
34
Location
London
Hi All

First post / thread here...

I'm the 'author' (cartographer) of the 'London Railway Atlas' (Ian Allan) and in researching the Third edition have hit the buffers with two recent infrastructure developments.

Firstly: Langley Oil Terminal (the Langley one stop east of Slough)... Does anyone have a date when it became disused (i.e. last oil delivery)? I think it survived well into the 2000's, the sidings are intact still on Google maps satellite and it's merely 'disused' on Quail, but they're now overgrown and fenced off from the main line.

Secondly: Colnbrook Logistics Centre (CLC) on the old GWR Staines branch, just west of Heathrow airport. Anyone know when it opened? T5 construction officially started September 2002, but it was initially site clearance and I don't think proper construction requiring inward rail-borne aggregates and steel started until early 2003... so around then?

I think the Foster Yeoman terminal at the north end of the site opened first?

Any assistance would be much appreciated... many thanks!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Joined
23 Feb 2010
Messages
6,906
Location
Richmond, London
Sorry that i can't be of any use but your wonderfull book (a Christmas gift from my wife) re-kindled my interest in railways. Keep up the good work and i hope someone can help you.
 

mr_moo

Member
Joined
7 Sep 2009
Messages
658
Location
Cambridgeshire
I work for Network Rail on the Crossrail project so will have a dig in our paperwork for you. I can't promise anything, but will try!

Sorry for the delay - I've been away for a while.
 

Tubeman

Member
Joined
19 Mar 2011
Messages
34
Location
London
That would be very much appreciated

I'm surprised I haven't found anything about CLC opening despite exhaustive google searches, I'd have thought it would have had some degree of fanfare. It's alluded to in several BAA documents / T5 newsletters, but no definitive opening date is quoted.
 

GWR Shunterman

New Member
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2
Location
Middlewich
As for one of your questions regarding the old Staines West Branch opening date. I was there for the last train (DMU) over the branch. I took several photos, one of which was the headboard which if I remember correctly had the start and end dates for the branch on it. I think the photos are at my mothers. Will pop over there tomorrow to see if I can find them for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top