I am currently looking into the never-built sections/branch lines of the LD&ECR. Unfortunately, there is very few detailed information about them available online and the (apparently excellent) book from Zoe Hunter about the subject is unavailable to me.
Does anybody have any information about the planned stations? I know that the Chesterfield - Buxton section had stations planned at Upper Newbold (for Cutthorpe), Calver, Great Longstone & Hassop, Blackwell and Buxton. But what about the Buxton - Warrington and Lincoln - Sutton-on-Sea sections and the branch lines Macclesfield - Cheadle and Ollerton - Newark?
Any help would be much appreciated!
Does anybody have any information about the planned stations? I know that the Chesterfield - Buxton section had stations planned at Upper Newbold (for Cutthorpe), Calver, Great Longstone & Hassop, Blackwell and Buxton. But what about the Buxton - Warrington and Lincoln - Sutton-on-Sea sections and the branch lines Macclesfield - Cheadle and Ollerton - Newark?
Any help would be much appreciated!
Last edited: