Quite a funny story from this morning!
Had a trip planned to London, 07:59 Grand Central from Pontefract Monkhill
Simple 07:18 Castleford to Monkhill and change
Had been on call at work all week and thought I was in the clear for the week until the phone rang at 01:15 this morning, sorted the problem and drifted off to sleep
Next thing I know I wake up and it’s literally 07:59, except rather than being at Monkhill I’m in my bed!
Panic stations to look at last minute options, oh I can book an advance on the 09:29 Wakefield Westgate to London LNER service for just over £40
All I had to do was 08:51 Castleford to Wakefield Kirkgate then 09:07 Kirkgate to Westgate
I managed to board the train at Castleford then must have been in my own little world as all of a sudden I notice the train is stopped at Kirkgate and hear ‘beep beep beep beep beep’ for the doors!
After that no option other than to carry on to Darton and not a chance of making the LNER even if I had jumped in a taxi
At that point I decided it was probably for the best to give it all up as a bad job and just go back home to bed!
Had a trip planned to London, 07:59 Grand Central from Pontefract Monkhill
Simple 07:18 Castleford to Monkhill and change
Had been on call at work all week and thought I was in the clear for the week until the phone rang at 01:15 this morning, sorted the problem and drifted off to sleep
Next thing I know I wake up and it’s literally 07:59, except rather than being at Monkhill I’m in my bed!
Panic stations to look at last minute options, oh I can book an advance on the 09:29 Wakefield Westgate to London LNER service for just over £40
All I had to do was 08:51 Castleford to Wakefield Kirkgate then 09:07 Kirkgate to Westgate
I managed to board the train at Castleford then must have been in my own little world as all of a sudden I notice the train is stopped at Kirkgate and hear ‘beep beep beep beep beep’ for the doors!
After that no option other than to carry on to Darton and not a chance of making the LNER even if I had jumped in a taxi
At that point I decided it was probably for the best to give it all up as a bad job and just go back home to bed!