ILikeMangoes
New Member
Hi everyone,
Hoping someone here who understands how rail fares work can explain something I noticed recently.
I usually travel from London Kings Cross to Cambridge South in the mornings. Up until last week, I was always able to buy an Off-Peak Day Return and catch the 08:54 train, because the ticket had a "B4" restriction code on it (which basically allowed travel after 08:45).
Starting this week, every booking app is forcing me onto a "B1" ticket instead, which says I can't travel until 09:30 or later. It means I can't get that 08:54 train on an off-peak ticket anymore.
Hoping someone here who understands how rail fares work can explain something I noticed recently.
I usually travel from London Kings Cross to Cambridge South in the mornings. Up until last week, I was always able to buy an Off-Peak Day Return and catch the 08:54 train, because the ticket had a "B4" restriction code on it (which basically allowed travel after 08:45).
Starting this week, every booking app is forcing me onto a "B1" ticket instead, which says I can't travel until 09:30 or later. It means I can't get that 08:54 train on an off-peak ticket anymore.
- Did GTR / Great Northern just decide to change the off-peak times for this route because it's a new station, or is this part of some bigger ticket update?
- Oddly, if I search for a ticket starting from "London Underground Zone 1" to Cambridge South instead, it still lets me buy the B4 ticket and get the 08:54 train. Is that just a delay in their systems updating, or do underground-linked tickets follow different rules?