• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kidderminster to Braintree advance fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumperkin

Member
Joined
15 Jan 2019
Messages
168
Hi.

I am trying to get an advance fare from Kidderminster to Braintree for 5th November (arriving Braintree at 10:50). There seems to be no availability.

I have checked and the fare setter is Chiltern. On their site you can select to get an alert, but the 5th November seems to be too soon to get an alert for.

Anyone got any ideas?

Also, am willing to drive to an intermediate station (i.e. other side of Brum) if that helps. Was thinking maybe Warwick / Warwick Parkway?

I have also looked at going from Worcestershire Parkway (GWR) but again a lack of advance tickets.

Cheapest atm is £54 from Warwick
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,772
Location
UK
Hi.

I am trying to get an advance fare from Kidderminster to Braintree for 5th November (arriving Braintree at 10:50). There seems to be no availability.

I have checked and the fare setter is Chiltern. On their site you can select to get an alert, but the 5th November seems to be too soon to get an alert for.

Anyone got any ideas?

Also, am willing to drive to an intermediate station (i.e. other side of Brum) if that helps. Was thinking maybe Warwick / Warwick Parkway?

I have also looked at going from Worcestershire Parkway (GWR) but again a lack of advance tickets.

Cheapest atm is £54 from Warwick
Advances haven't been released yet for that date, for most train companies. The exact date until which Advances have been released varies by TOC - you can see the details here on NRE.

If you book as soon as Advances are released, are happy to go for "less popular" trains, and there isn't a Wembley event on that day (there seems to be one just about every second day!), you can probably bag a cheap Chiltern Advance from Kidderminster/Warwick Parkway etc.

GWR Advances for journeys across London have been significantly increased in price recently, so I wouldn't expect any bargains there. But you never know what might be released.

The Greater Anglia side of things shouldn't make any difference, as Braintree services aren't reservable.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top