GS250
Member
- Joined
- 18 Mar 2019
- Messages
- 1,031
Which is why the Tories are more likely to win. The right vote goes to the Tories, bar tiny minority parties. The left vote is split between Labour, LD and Green, plus again a few tiny minorities.
I'd still say Labour will win as the largest party come the next election. I don't think they are particularly attractive as a proposition but the Tories deserve something of a kicking.
The more you look back at the landslide by Blair in 1997 the more a remarkable achievement it was. A country in generally okay health but with a dull and uninspiring set of Tories leading the country. Major was pretty much goose cooked midway through his first term but refused to stand down. However, Blair and co knew how to win people over even if the sums didn't add up.
I do think we have to get away from left v right though. That was last decades battle.

