• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Karlsuhe to Paris, versus Brussels to Paris on Interrail

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeverseSam

Member
Joined
31 Aug 2022
Messages
476
Location
Reading West
Please can you check my information about Interrail reservations on these routes:

Karlsruhe to Paris in both senses - available on SNCF machines, not available on DB machines, not quota-controlled

Brussels to Paris in both senses - not available on SNCF machines, ticket office only, quota-controlled
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mad_rich

Member
Joined
12 Feb 2013
Messages
592
Location
Newcastle
Brussels <> Paris by Eurostar is definitely quota controlled.

Karlsruhe <> Paris, reasonably sure it's not quota controlled.

Not sure about reservations from a machine. I'd buy the former from B-europe website or Interrail, the latter from Interrail.

Edit: I'm wrong. Having checked Seat61, there is a quota on the TGV/ ICE services FR<>DE.
 

DeverseSam

Member
Joined
31 Aug 2022
Messages
476
Location
Reading West
Thank you, can I also add Brussels TGV to non-Paris stations eg Marne-la-Vallée to the list?

I think they’re not available on SNCF machines, ticket office only, quota-controlled

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Not sure about reservations from a machine. I'd buy the former from B-europe website or Interrail, the latter from Interrail.
Thank you, I prefer the SNCF machines wherever possible as they are fee-free and refundable I believe, and also have a later cutoff time (5 minutes?)
 

Flying Snail

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2006
Messages
2,048
Thank you, can I also add Brussels TGV to non-Paris stations eg Marne-la-Vallée to the list?

I think they’re not available on SNCF machines, ticket office only, quota-controlled

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Thank you, I prefer the SNCF machines wherever possible as they are fee-free and refundable I believe, and also have a later cutoff time (5 minutes?)

Booking last minute for Eurostar or TGVs is a great way to get yourself stranded.

I was unable to get a reservation for a train that still had spaces more than 30 minutes before departure last year at machines or ticket office.

Also those SNCF machines are just awful, you would need to leave more than 5 minutes just to deal with the horrible interface and the ridiculous amount of personal info they demand before selling a reservation.
 

DeverseSam

Member
Joined
31 Aug 2022
Messages
476
Location
Reading West
Booking last minute for Eurostar or TGVs is a great way to get yourself stranded.

I was unable to get a reservation for a train that still had spaces more than 30 minutes before departure last year at machines or ticket office.
I take your point ! which kind of train was that with a 30 min cut off?
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,988
Location
Airedale
Thank you, I prefer the SNCF machines wherever possible as they are fee-free and refundable I believe, and also have a later cutoff time (5 minutes?)
Having tested both when there were queues at neither, I found a human being in Lille travel centre was quicker and more flexible.
However, they still couldn't give specific seats.

PS I also discovered that if you buy off b-rail or IR the machines can't exchange your ticket.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top