• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Justine Greening to be moved in forthcoming cabinet reshuffle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,470
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
It is at times such as this, that the words of part of the Gilbert and Sullivan song "When I was a lad" do somewhat resonate....

"I grew so rich that I was sent
By a pocket borough into Parliament
I always voted at my party's call
And I never thought of thinking for myself at all"
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,841
Location
Stirlingshire
It is at times such as this, that the words of part of the Gilbert and Sullivan song "When I was a lad" do somewhat resonate....

"I grew so rich that I was sent
By a pocket borough into Parliament
I always voted at my party's call
And I never thought of thinking for myself at all"

That ditty neatly summises the problem with UK Politics - Three Line Whips and Parties and also 90% of the UK population :p
 

Oswyntail

Established Member
Joined
23 May 2009
Messages
4,183
Location
Yorkshire
"But then the prospect of a lot of dull MPs
In close proximity
All thinking for themselves is what no man can face with equanimity"
Obviously they had the same problems back then.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top