• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Just Trains Pick and Mix Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,493
Location
Yorkshire
This thread has a double meaning really.

1. There is a sale on at Just Trains for a couple of their download products (from a selection) for £19 (less than one on its own, in some cases)
This can be found here if anyone is interested

2. I am thinking of getting a couple of the add-ons myself (I have let a few sales in the past to pass me by, but it has been a while since I last purchased anything for TS2013) and am after some thoughts from anyone who has them

Of those in the sale, I already have The Voyager Advanced and Bristol-Exeter.

I am fairly certain I will pick up the 153 (most expensive, plus seems good) - any thoughts from anyone about it?

I'm then in 2 minds for routes. I had thought about Bishop Auckland, but the Bristol & Avonmouth one looks like it could be more extensive (though I don't have some of the required add-ons for a couple of scenarios in either, though it is a minor point really)

There is also the Scottish ECML.

Oh decisions, decisions!

So, anyone got any of these and what are their thoughts on them?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ModernRailways

Established Member
Joined
21 Apr 2011
Messages
2,184
Definitely get the 153, Totham is a great little route. Would be good though to have TSX lighting, but when I tried it, it didn't work properly so gave up.

What do you prefer from a route? SECML is quite good for passenger, whereas Bristol to Avonmouth is more freight friendly.
 

deltic1989

Established Member
Joined
21 Sep 2010
Messages
1,483
Location
Nottingham
The 153 gets another vote from me. A great little add-on and the Totham route is just fantastic.
 

Pacerpilot

Member
Joined
7 Jun 2010
Messages
347
I can vouch for the 153. I supplied the performance and did the physics testing for it. It performs exactly like a real 153. Its a lovely model, it really is.
 

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,493
Location
Yorkshire
Definitely get the 153, Totham is a great little route. Would be good though to have TSX lighting, but when I tried it, it didn't work properly so gave up.

What do you prefer from a route? SECML is quite good for passenger, whereas Bristol to Avonmouth is more freight friendly.

So 153 is a definite then :P

Anything really, I guess.

My only thought is whether Bristol & Avonmouth will have something of an overlap with Bristol & Exeter (which I should load on the new PC at some point :P) and thus the other being more worthwhile from that point of view.

Bishop Auckland does look good but being a short line, there doesn't seem to be scope for much other than a few short passenger runs (and Locomotion), so I may give that one a miss for now
 

ModernRailways

Established Member
Joined
21 Apr 2011
Messages
2,184
So 153 is a definite then :P

Anything really, I guess.

My only thought is whether Bristol & Avonmouth will have something of an overlap with Bristol & Exeter (which I should load on the new PC at some point :P) and thus the other being more worthwhile from that point of view.

Bishop Auckland does look good but being a short line, there doesn't seem to be scope for much other than a few short passenger runs (and Locomotion), so I may give that one a miss for now

I would personally say get SECML right now. Then in the future get Bristol to Avonmouth and Bishop Auckland.
 

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,493
Location
Yorkshire
153/Totham and SECML it is :D

Finally re-installed Bristol-Exeter yesterday since the change from my non-gaming laptop to a better spec (though not specifically gaming) PC...it is the first time any station has had canopies!

Also, there are only about 16 hours or so left if anyone wishes to take advantage of the Pick and Mix offer for themselves :)
 

londonboi

On Moderation
Joined
28 Dec 2010
Messages
460
153 gets thumbs up from me also love the train

My bristol-exeter station does not have any canopies either :(:( is there a way to fix this
 

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
I've also plumped for the 153/Totham and the SECML.

Just a quick question - when I've installed these routes, the SECML seems to work fine as does Totham with default traction. The problem I'm having is getting the 153 to show up, on the all stops Totham it doesn't appear and only the FGW 153 appears in the trains list. I've attempted the package manager but it searches the wrong directory - as it goes for C:\Program Files (86x)\Railworks rather than going into the Steam directory. Does anyone know a solution to this? I'm also having the same issue with my disc version of the Isle of Wight (though the 483 does appear when you start the scenario!).
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,144
Location
Redcar
153 gets thumbs up from me also love the train

My bristol-exeter station does not have any canopies either :(:( is there a way to fix this

Turn up the detail slider from the game options. By default I believe it is 8, it needs to be 10.
 

trc666

Member
Joined
6 Jul 2005
Messages
232
Location
Islington
I went for the 153 and the Voyager (which would have been £23.45 and £19.99 respectively), going to test them out shortly and will let you know if they are any good or not - those of you wanting to take up the offer have less than four hours left so you will need to be quick.
 

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,493
Location
Yorkshire
47 minutes to go!

Only got chance to look very briefly at the SECML last night and only really at Perth, which looks good. From the description, I didn't think it would be included, but it would have been nice to have the single track from Perth to Ladybank for completeness.

Turn up the detail slider from the game options. By default I believe it is 8, it needs to be 10.

On my laptop, the settings had to be so low, some of the platforms were just the meshing without any texture...made a bit of a sod of trying to stop in the right place!
 

Pacerpilot

Member
Joined
7 Jun 2010
Messages
347
I'll vouch for how fantastic Totham is as well. :oops:

Sorry Darren,
I forgot you lurk in here too. I'll vouch for Totham as well. A fabulous little world to lose yourself in. Its got huge scenario scope and makes for some beautiful screenshots too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top