• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Just a query: National Rail Enquiries

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMGitsDAVE

Member
Joined
12 Jun 2009
Messages
737
Location
Hartlepool, England, UK
Hello!
I was looking at the live departure board for York to see when my sister would arrive, and oddly enough I came across a little change.

Have the 'East Coast' services always been called 'East Coast Mainline'?
I've never noticed this before, but it seems to be on all of the East Coast operations here.

Thanks for your help :)!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,913
Location
0036
I believe the full name of the TOC commonly referred to as East Coast is "East Coast Main Line Company Limited".
 

Dolive22

Member
Joined
20 Dec 2009
Messages
464
It is.

I suspect a simple confirmation would be too short, so I will add that the service is very variable. Plenty of staff for cleaning but very unhelpfull gateline staff.
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
Until very recently it was still called National Express East Coast!
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Maybe it only shows that for the trains to the north east and scotland and something else for the Leeds and other services? I dunno.. just speculating
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top