• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jubilee live track fault at Baker Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent

Member
Joined
31 Mar 2016
Messages
759
Location
London
I’m just curious as to if it’s northbound or southbound. I know going south there is always a sharp jolt after the platform. In fact I’ve wondered if it poses a risk to train derailment, though obviously that’s probably me being overly dramatic.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rebmcr

Established Member
Joined
15 Nov 2011
Messages
4,005
Location
St Neots
Your description of a jolt matches the location of points connecting the Jubilee and Bakerloo tracks.
 

AndrewE

Established Member
Joined
9 Nov 2015
Messages
7,364
Is this maybe about a Jubilee Line track fault? ("Jubilee live track fault at Baker Street")
I had visions of the running rails getting energised at however many volts they use (+330 or -330?)
 

rebmcr

Established Member
Joined
15 Nov 2011
Messages
4,005
Location
St Neots
however many volts they use (+330 or -330?)
Traditional LU 4th rail electrification uses +420V and -210V to achieve the 630V potential. This doesn't apply to some areas modernised to 750V for support of regenerative braking.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top