• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Journey from Cleethorpes disrupted by TPE cancellations

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkender102

Member
Joined
21 Dec 2010
Messages
539
Location
Hawarden
Whats happening today on this route - all cancelled so far with first train available from Grimsby to Manchester at 16:34. I need to get home to North Wales tonight. Was going to get 18:34 but will get earlier if cancelled. Read somewhere about a shortage of Train Drivers.

Confusingly the Trans Pennine Express website shows a 17:34 which doesnt exist on National Rail!

Trying to think of alternatives but there isn't any really unless I get a taxi to Hull and try and get a train home from there via Leeds or Sheffield.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

2L70

On Moderation
Joined
18 Feb 2019
Messages
358
Location
Barnetby
Been happening for some time now.

Before you go to Hull, check the trains are running there, Just as bad!

EMR Grimsby - Lincoln - Nottingham/Sheffield* - Man Picc - TFW to North Wales would be the safe option.

*Northern's Sheffield - Lincoln service does have cancellations from time to time
 

parkender102

Member
Joined
21 Dec 2010
Messages
539
Location
Hawarden
Was thinking more about speed than cost. If the 18:34 runs I won't get to destination (Chester) till 22:48. 16:34 if it runs will be ideal but if cancelled I'll need to get a shift on.
 

Fokx

Established Member
Joined
19 Jul 2019
Messages
1,635
Location
Liverpool
Whats happening today on this route - all cancelled so far with first train available from Grimsby to Manchester at 16:34.


1226, 1426 and 1526 from Cleethorpes are cancelled due to lack of drivers

All services either side are running

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

16:34 if it runs will be ideal but if cancelled I'll need to get a shift on.

Operating as expected, I’m the guard SHF to MAN on said train
 

parkender102

Member
Joined
21 Dec 2010
Messages
539
Location
Hawarden
1226, 1426 and 1526 from Cleethorpes are cancelled due to lack of drivers

All services either side are running

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==



Operating as expected, I’m the guard SHF to MAN on said train
Excellent news! Is the 18:34 likely to run do you know? Showing OK currently on National Rail.
 

Mugby

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2012
Messages
2,136
Location
Derby
Tomorrow (Friday) I'm intending to travel on the 2026 from Cleethorpes, boarding at Sheffield for Manchester. Just checked on RTT to see how it ran tonight (Thursday) and it operated as booked throughout.

However, RTT says the 2026 from CLE is formed out of the 1718 from Manchester which was cancelled throughout. So how can the return service to MAN operate if the incoming service didn't?

Last Friday, the 2026 from CLE operated as booked to Sheffield but was terminated there due to lack of crew. How will I know if that happens again tomorrow, how much notice is likely to be given?
 

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,784
Location
UK
Tomorrow (Friday) I'm intending to travel on the 2026 from Cleethorpes, boarding at Sheffield for Manchester. Just checked on RTT to see how it ran tonight (Thursday) and it operated as booked throughout.

However, RTT says the 2026 from CLE is formed out of the 1718 from Manchester which was cancelled throughout. So how can the return service to MAN operate if the incoming service didn't?

Last Friday, the 2026 from CLE operated as booked to Sheffield but was terminated there due to lack of crew. How will I know if that happens again tomorrow, how much notice is likely to be given?
Sets are routinely stabled at Cleethorpes, both day and night, so if a service is cancelled there may still be the stock to operate its booked return working.

The TPE website shows a list of "pre-planned" cancellations from around 10pm the night before. If your service isn't on this list, it's likely to be running. I'd have a look at JourneyCheck and Real Time Trains before setting off for the station, just to be sure.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top