• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Japanese Railways enthusaist books

Status
Not open for further replies.

59CosG95

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2013
Messages
6,865
Location
Beeston (Notts)
Hi all,

I'm very lucky indeed in that I'm going to Japan over the summer-of course it wouldn't be complete without a few Shinkansen photos! Does anyone know if a Japanese equivalent of those splendid Platform 5 books (listing the classes and fleet numbers) is available anywhere?

Thanks v. much in advance.

Cosmo :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
There is a such book, I remember a friend having one about 15 years ago. It was a larger book than UK spotting books (around A4 size) and was, unsurprisingly, written in Japanese. I've no idea how to get hold of a book like that - I suspect he bought it in Japan.
 

59CosG95

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2013
Messages
6,865
Location
Beeston (Notts)
Fortunately all the set numbers are in English! I'm compiling my own list at the moment, in case Ian Allan doesn't stock any such book in English.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top