• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I've recently gone modern O gauge with a DRS 37/4, anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

37405

New Member
Joined
30 Jul 2021
Messages
1
Location
East Anglia
Hello,

Perhaps an extended 'new world restriction' moment of madness, yet I have found without being able to enjoy the real railways as much, I have some money saved.

I have bought myself a Revolution / Heljan Class 37/4 in DRS Compass 37405 - beauty she is! For a summer project I am going to build a little balcony railway outside and was wondering does anyone else do such 'small' garden railways or is the O gauge modeller mainly inside?

Honestly, it is wasn't for a DRS livery I don't think I would go on this adventure!

Anyone know of anything I can run with 405?

IMG_8946.JPG
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2018
Messages
4,739
Location
GWR land
Welcome to the forums! :D
That engine really does look lovely. The amount of detail you can get in O gauge is amazing - things like that small chain on the bogie really add to the immersion.
I don't think we have many O gauge modellers on the forum, but that's not to say that we can't have them: in fact, quite the opposite! A lot of the O gauge layouts I've seen have been smaller shunting layouts so people can have them but not have them take up a lot of room, if that makes sense. People do have O gauge layouts outside - they're much better than OO ones in some respects as the larger track and engines are less likely to be damaged as severely in bad weather (although obviously the stock is unlikely to be outside all the time).

-Peter
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,960
Location
Devon
Hello,

Perhaps an extended 'new world restriction' moment of madness, yet I have found without being able to enjoy the real railways as much, I have some money saved.

I have bought myself a Revolution / Heljan Class 37/4 in DRS Compass 37405 - beauty she is! For a summer project I am going to build a little balcony railway outside and was wondering does anyone else do such 'small' garden railways or is the O gauge modeller mainly inside?

Honestly, it is wasn't for a DRS livery I don't think I would go on this adventure!

Anyone know of anything I can run with 405?

View attachment 100455

That’s so nice. A friend of mine is building an 0 gauge 1970s based model railway in his garage. I’ve been trying to get him to turn right into the garden for years but no luck so far. ;)
That 37 would look good with an inspection saloon. I believe Heljan are planning on producing one soon.

Welcome to the forum by the way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top