175mph
On Moderation
- Joined
- 25 Jan 2016
- Messages
- 715
In North Lincolnshire and Hull, people can use their bus passes any time of the day.
The system was designed to win the grey vote! It's a stupid, cynical and completely unaffordable idea
Fisher tours might be another one on certain routes
* If people are sitting on the bus because there can't heat their houses, it's not the Concessionary travel Scheme fault.
* If disabled people are traveling on the buses all day because there have nothing else to do its not the Concessionary travel Scheme fault.
* If woman age 60-64 are using it go work because the coalition government took away their state pension it's not the Concessionary travel Scheme fault.
Im sure Mavis and Doris should be stuck at home poor and alone.
IMO the English system as is works well for the passengers but again badly for the opperaters
When you consider that we are paying more and more in taxes every year, and getting less and less in return.
the whole "coalface" thing is always questionable - should we insist that a doctor after spending X number of years qualifying etc then spend two years as a nurse?
Buses need stability to work.
People dont like uncertainty, timetable changes so for buses to work best then they need to be predictable, reliable, straightforward.
I remember some years ago hearing that there was a move not to allow the use of ENCTS passes on the Yorkshire Coastliner services to Scarborough, Bridlington and Whitby. Does anyone know how that matter eventually finished?
Take South Yorkshire for instance, it was the only place in England that offered free rail travel for the average South Yorkshire pensioner until SYPTE scrapped the offer cue a load of pensioners acting somewhat as children in Sheffield railway station demanding that they want their free rail travel returned which got them nowhere apart from being cuffed under Section 5 - Nowhere else offered free rail travel just South Yorkshire.
I'm going off the English scheme, as I mentioned that hidden disabilities / mental health conditions would be covered under the Learning Disability part.
Merseyside still offer free rail travel.
What exactly do you mean by this?
You do realise that learning disabilities and mental health conditions are different?
I'm going off the English scheme, as I mentioned that hidden disabilities / mental health conditions would be covered under the Learning Disability part.
If someone has really bad asthma they too would be covered under the first part with points one and four (as some may find it easier going about in a wheelchair than to struggle walking because they have weak lungs).
It varies in England, some councils will issue passes en mass others will want to see proof.
Take South Yorkshire for instance, it was the only place in England that offered free rail travel for the average South Yorkshire pensioner until SYPTE scrapped the offer cue a load of pensioners acting somewhat as children in Sheffield railway station demanding that they want their free rail travel returned which got them nowhere apart from being cuffed under Section 5 - Nowhere else offered free rail travel just South Yorkshire.
I don't think that the poster 'Northern Spirit ' actually has the slightest clue about anything to do with disabilities / chronic conditions / Equality act / concessionary travel schemes etc etc etc.
Merseyside still offer free rail travel.
[Notice how fast people could pile on through three doors on Oxford Road (Manchester) for example].
First things first.
I knew of someone who is autistic, which is a learning disability. I know three others of which two who have aspergers and one has a mild form of ADHD, so its pointless saying that I don't know anything about disabilities when I know a few who are disabled.
I know of two people who have to use the most powerful inahailer because they have servere asamha. You do get people who have genuine injuries which renders them unable to work but as I've mentioned before you always get some who will try and cheat the system.
Concessionary travel schemes? - if its in England then I'll know however the Scottish and Welsh equivelent is different so if I mention something to do with it then I'm refering to the English system.
You'll be suprised at what I do know.
You'll be suprised at what I do know.
First things first.
I knew of someone who is autistic, which is a learning disability. I know three others of which two who have aspergers and one has a mild form of ADHD, so its pointless saying that I don't know anything about disabilities when I know a few who are disabled.
I know of two people who have to use the most powerful inahailer because they have servere asamha. You do get people who have genuine injuries which renders them unable to work but as I've mentioned before you always get some who will try and cheat the system.
Concessionary travel schemes? - if its in England then I'll know however the Scottish and Welsh equivelent is different so if I mention something to do with it then I'm refering to the English system.
You'll be suprised at what I do know.
The harshness of what I have put was and is aimed at those who cheat the system, not those who are genuine.
Those who are geniune about what their claim for are as entitiled to be peeved off about others playing the system. I had one neigbour who once was claiming for anything and everything so that they didn't have to work, yet an old man nearby who was registered as disabled due to his condition couldn't have a dedicated parking space put in outside his house and was refused a blue badge as he wasn't disabled enough. Me and a few other neigbours ensured that a parking space would be put in and within nine months it was.
The neigbour who we all saw cheat the system moved away and we all had an idea why.
Well if you don't know anything about mental health conditions then you should shut up to be quite frank because some of your previous comments are out of line
My wife is registered disable, she got a disable person railcard, yet she can't a disable person bus pass.
The harshness of what I have put was and is aimed at those who cheat the system, not those who are genuine.
Those who are geniune about what their claim for are as entitiled to be peeved off about others playing the system. I had one neigbour who once was claiming for anything and everything so that they didn't have to work, yet an old man nearby who was registered as disabled due to his condition couldn't have a dedicated parking space put in outside his house and was refused a blue badge as he wasn't disabled enough. Me and a few other neigbours ensured that a parking space would be put in and within nine months it was.
The neigbour who we all saw cheat the system moved away and we all had an idea why.
Oxford Road is an absolutely perfect example of just how rubbish deregulation is in a city context. Overbussing because of competition, slow loading/unloading through single doors, awkward stop layouts, huge number of route variants etc.
What other routes would you suggest as an alternative for some of these numerous bus services to use, bearing in mind that many of these are run by the same company along this route to the south Manchester area go to widely different destinations. Manchester University and the Manchester Royal Infirmary are two major points of note on the Oxford Road route.
Does there really need to be 45 buses per hour that run from Piccadilly, via Oxford Road and terminate at one of Withington, West Didsbury Central Road or Parrs Wood though (without even considering the 19 other buses each hour that run down the route then continue onto other destinations)
Mate no one gives a flying toss about your neighbour that may or may not have existed. This doesn't excuse some of the absurd comments you've made, because then why not just have a go at benefits cheats? Why try and tar people with genuine mental health conditions with the same brush? PatheticThe harshness of what I have put was and is aimed at those who cheat the system, not those who are genuine.
Those who are geniune about what their claim for are as entitiled to be peeved off about others playing the system. I had one neigbour who once was claiming for anything and everything so that they didn't have to work, yet an old man nearby who was registered as disabled due to his condition couldn't have a dedicated parking space put in outside his house and was refused a blue badge as he wasn't disabled enough. Me and a few other neigbours ensured that a parking space would be put in and within nine months it was.
The neigbour who we all saw cheat the system moved away and we all had an idea why.
How are you working out who isn't genuine?
It isn't your place to decide. If someone gains a blue badge, bus pass or whatever it's actually none of your business. While you may think someone is gaming the system, at the end of the day you don't actually know the individual's circumstances, and neither are you entitled to know. If there is any kind of fraud involved, it's up to the authorities involved to investigate and make their decision accordingly.
You strike me as being a "libertarian" type. Well, why not practice what you preach, butt out of other people's lives and get on with your own, eh?
Means testing is something that will cost a small fortune to set up and administer.