• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

It’s finally done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexWells96

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2024
Messages
5
Location
Ramsgate
Hi guys.

I don’t usually post stuff like this but given the context I thought I should. Applied for a conductor role (safety critical) nearly 2 years ago with southeastern. Passed assessments, interviews. Then went for a medical found out I was colour deficient given a score of F2. Rejected for the safety critical role. I was devastated.

The kind recruitment staff at southeastern recommended myself for another role (OBM). Then I was told I would have to wait at least 1 year. Well, after passing the medical this time around the day has come. Just been offered the role and start date. Hasn’t sunk in yet but today is a good day!:)

Alex
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

172007

Member
Joined
2 Jan 2021
Messages
1,172
Location
West Mids
Congratulations.

Good to see Southeastern also being kind and thinking about alternatives for you.

Out of interest did you ever suspect a colour difficiency with your sight, now you know you now have a defficiency is it apparent?
 

E B

Member
Joined
30 Oct 2024
Messages
404
Location
Nuneaton
Hi guys.

I don’t usually post stuff like this but given the context I thought I should. Applied for a conductor role (safety critical) nearly 2 years ago with southeastern. Passed assessments, interviews. Then went for a medical found out I was colour deficient given a score of F2. Rejected for the safety critical role. I was devastated.

The kind recruitment staff at southeastern recommended myself for another role (OBM). Then I was told I would have to wait at least 1 year. Well, after passing the medical this time around the day has come. Just been offered the role and start date. Hasn’t sunk in yet but today is a good day!:)

Alex
Congratulations, and good luck. Hope it goes well
 

AlexWells96

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2024
Messages
5
Location
Ramsgate
Congratulations.

Good to see Southeastern also being kind and thinking about alternatives for you.

Out of interest did you ever suspect a colour difficiency with your sight, now you know you now have a defficiency is it apparent?
Thank you!

Yes they have been so accommodating. I was told that it skips a generation usually I had no idea I was colour deficient. Would never have thought until I did the Ishra test and I could hardly see any numbers. But in terms of day to day life it’s not noticeable:)

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Congratulations, and good luck. Hope it goes well
Thank you appreciate it:)
 

CFRAIL

Member
Joined
17 May 2019
Messages
342
Congratulations. I know of another OBM who found themselves in the same boat
 

GooseWaffe

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2025
Messages
44
Location
Westcliff-On-Sea
Hi guys.

I don’t usually post stuff like this but given the context I thought I should. Applied for a conductor role (safety critical) nearly 2 years ago with southeastern. Passed assessments, interviews. Then went for a medical found out I was colour deficient given a score of F2. Rejected for the safety critical role. I was devastated.

The kind recruitment staff at southeastern recommended myself for another role (OBM). Then I was told I would have to wait at least 1 year. Well, after passing the medical this time around the day has come. Just been offered the role and start date. Hasn’t sunk in yet but today is a good day!:)

Alex
Awesome stuff, sorry for the horrid start.
Good luck in your new role mate :)
 

RyanMitch52

New Member
Joined
2 Nov 2025
Messages
1
Location
London
Hi guys.

I don’t usually post stuff like this but given the context I thought I should. Applied for a conductor role (safety critical) nearly 2 years ago with southeastern. Passed assessments, interviews. Then went for a medical found out I was colour deficient given a score of F2. Rejected for the safety critical role. I was devastated.

The kind recruitment staff at southeastern recommended myself for another role (OBM). Then I was told I would have to wait at least 1 year. Well, after passing the medical this time around the day has come. Just been offered the role and start date. Hasn’t sunk in yet but today is a good day!:)
It’s great to see your persistence paying off after everything you went through. Failing the first medical must’ve been tough, but you clearly didn’t give up, and now it’s all worked out. Wishing you all the best in your new role — sounds like it’s well deserved!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top